Friday, March 04, 2005

Door Closed.

He called. DV, that is. I knew he would, and in the back of my mind, I knew what he was going to say. As I held my breath, he said everything I needed to hear, but didn't want to hear. And it stung... and I found myself clawing at his words... searching for something that might covince him otherwise, something, anything... but in the end, his words prevailed... and I was left alone. But was I really alone? Do I think DV was my long lost soul-mate? Do I think he was as Carrie Bradshaw puts it, "Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love?" The answer is No.

The evening didn't end here.

With lipstick and cigarettes in tow, I headed out the door for a DATE.
If April's date were on Friendster, his profile would be like this...
Age: 35
Features: Brown Eyes - Brown Hair - Medium Height
Interests: Music, Art, Strangers with Candy, Reno 911
Hobbies: Pussy-Licking
Friends in Common: Elizebeth Randall

Sounds perfect. And on paper is perfect. Good conversationalist, funny, adorable... but missing what? What is it? What is that "thing"? That "thing" that is just there or it isn't. In this case, unfortunately that "thing" just wasn't.

My evening began with a desperate attempt to convince DV to be me with... and ended with a desperate attempt of someone to convince me to be with him. Funny how things go... I suppose all is fair in love and war. So here I am on a Friday morning, and I feel good. I feel very good.

5 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the man is 35 and doesn't know how to not scare a woman off?? There really is something about not being too available..sad all these games we must play;(

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Ambee said...

Sometimes it's just not there no matter how perfect the person is. It's a bummer, but you can't force it.

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to read about DV. I like that you went on this date though -the best way to get over a man is to date another:) JA

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU APEE!!
-Anye

 
At 4:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any more word from the stalker?
Thanks for changing it so us non-blog folks can leave a note too!
Love and hugs,
Linz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home