Tuesday, March 15, 2005

40 Days and 40 Nights

There comes a time in a woman’s life when she realizes that being “boy crazy” is for kids. I’d like to think I’m finally reaching this realization at the over-ripe age of 26. After a Monday of emailing back and forth with Stupid Boy (aka Goofy Boy, thank you Lindsey Hulse), and thinking why would SB email me over 20 times (literally) today if he weren’t interested, I had high hopes. These high hopes came crashing down over an awkward phone call at the end of the work-day. That’s all it took, one weird phone call to make me feel like a complete ass again…. To make me feel like some desperate “boy crazy” silly ridiculous girl. Well, I’m tired of feeling like such an idiot, and so, I have a proposition for myself; a challenge for my mind and my heart… a self-induced lent (similar to that of the beloved Josh Hartnett w/ a few alterations)

Here Are the Rules:

1. For the next 40 days, NO PHYSICAL CONTACT with any single heterosexual men.
2. No asking for telephone numbers, email addresses, dates, drinks, etc.
(he can ask me, and I can choose to go or give, but I must remain true to rule #1)
3. No “do you fucking like me or what?” questions.
4. No ALL DAY emailing sessions, don't give any boy a thing to go on... nip shit in the bud.

Strategy:

- See an attractive male, simply look the other way.
- The mind is a powerful thing: deter thoughts from the male realm.
- Focus on friends and family.
- Set self-improvement goals to enrich the woman that I am.
- Meditate.
- Suggestions??????

So ladies and gentlemen, I have until April 23… place your bets!

3 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Apes...I don't think you deserve this punishment...the only way I was able to do this was when I was studying for the GMAT...

BUT I HAVE FAITH!! :)

Love,
Anye

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually did something similar and dubbed it a "hiatus" from men. It was very liberating...but was cut short after a long day of drinking beer and watching rugby with some boys with cute accents. I made it about 4 weeks though until I got drunk and made out at the bar, ew! However, this guy is totally smitten right now.. and I couldn't care less.

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would all be a great idea if you could actually pull it off. Forget the fact that someone who just read your blog decided that this is a 26 year old female that he might want to get to know for whatever reasons. How will decide that he might not be the "One" well until you find out he is nothing but a slovenly lowlife ex-squid, just looking to tickle a young things fancy. See we come in all sizes and shapes and mind sets that you lost your deal with yourself before it had time to take effect.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home