Thursday, October 06, 2005

"It Reminds Me of the Pain, I Might Leave Behind" - Jeff Buckley















Where are the Eddie Vedders? The Kurt Cobains? The Jeff Buckelys? I desperately miss lamenting male artists. Those artists that are pained because they were made fun of in high school or had their heart broken from in kindergarten or their parents are the only parents in the world that got divorced or they had some deadbeat dad. Where are they? I miss them. Sure they whine and moan and are white men in America, but they have these intense emotions, passions, craziness… they make us lil’ depressives seem like Strawberry Shortcake and the Berry Princesses. I don’t care where the pain came from or whether it’s justified. All I care about is that they have it, and I eat it up. And when I hear their music or go to their shows (2 are dead), I need to exhale because of whatever wave of insane emotion they emanate has come over me… and it’s like crack. So Eddie Vedder, where the fuck are you?

Instead this is what our world has become, Billboards top 10:

1. Gold DiggerKayne West (Well, the act of gold digging’s smart? Note to self: gold dig. Sure, he’s got some great lyrics, She went to the doctor got lipo with ya money, She walkin around lookin like Michael with ya money, She aint messin’ with no broke nig*#z)
2. Shake It OffMariah Carey (she still has a career?)
3. PhotographNickelback (okay, they’re slightly pained, but way too white trash for me)
4. Like YouBow Wow (the name speaks for itself – here’s my cheesey line, “Bow Out, dude”)
5. My Humps – The Black Eyed Peas (My humps? My humps?)
6. Wake Me Up When Summer Ends – Green Day (Wake me up when this song ends... and Billie Joe, lay-off the black eyeliner you punk wannabe, harsh? oops!)
7. Play – David Banner (I have no idea what the fuck this is)
8. Soul Survivor – Young Jeezy featuring Akon Corporate (I’d like someone to make a list of how many song titles have Survivor in it… Jeezy? Young Jeezy? Who wakes up and decides his name is gonna’ be Jeezy? Who does that? Aren’t people paid to come up with better ideas?)
9. We Belong Together – Mariah Carey (2 songs in the top ten, seriously? All right, Mariah Carey’s okay… I want people who make drunk appearances and videos where they shake their fake tan asses as water soaks their low cut tops… I like them… they entertain me, so Mariah, you stay there in the top ten and represent America! And oh, Who is it that Belongs with Mariah Carey? Young Jeezy, perhaps?)
10. Sugar We’re Goin’ Down – Fall Out Boy (Another punk band, but another “all right” I’ll give them props for the chorus, A loaded God complex, cock it and pull it)

Anyway, I want some voices that haunt me and lyrics that freak me out. So c’mon, let’s revive this shit… maybe America’s just too damn happy. Okay, fine.


Let's Talk About LOST and How After Last Night's Episode, I'm Lost Myself!!!!:

Lost makes me feel like a dumbass… kinda like I feel when trying to use eyes drops and none of the liquid gets in my eyes and my whole face is wet before I figure it out.

So I’m a bit psycho and read this, http://www.ew.com/ew/aol/article/latest/0,11892,3113102880,00.html Cut and past that shit, I'm having issues with it... or go here http://television.aol.com/ (maybe another cut and paste) but that'll eventually bring you to LOST, hahaha! Good luck! (my last link to the actual article message boards didn't work, so check out this site ) When on the site, it's fun to read the re-cap, but also for the true psychos... scroll down and you’ll see the message boards. It’s some good shit.

Anyway, after last night’s episode, I was left feeling a) retarded and b) what the fuck? I guess that’s a bit redundant. Here’s my contribution… the Orientation video was right behind the Turn of the Screw.

Throughout the novel many questions were raised when the governess begins seeing apparitions. Her character is never certain whether the phantoms are products of the hysterical mind or real. It is a crucial aspect of the uncertainty about the boundaries of the subjective and objective.

Moreover, ideas and questions: "What is the source of evil?", were they existing amongst the living dead?, And the most haunting turn of all comes with the final questions left hovering before us: Was the deepening spell actually an emanation from forces beyond the dead?

In the end, when you confront your ghosts you’ll finally be at peace and your dispossessed heart can rest in death. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

UM HELLO if you want a lamenting male artist who is probably also a genius at 24 you can always listen to my brother's band THE VELVET TEEN (one of my favorite lyrics: gonna make it go away/like it never happened/like the author ran out of ink/before you got to me) and isn't there that whole genre of music called EMO - isn't that what you're looking for?

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

KRI KRI -- INTERESTING POINTS, what i find in lamenting male artists these days is really a lack of haunting, strong, masculine voices... many of the tunes i've heard are the bright eyes slow lalalala sounds... i want a voice that has crazy / insane / mad passion behind it... that it carries you... stays with you... their entire presence stays with you... i'll definitely give those folks a shot... i just want a rockstar

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger jen said...

Dude, don't knock Mariah Carey! I heart her new album. I even downloaded that Shake It Off song! She's no Kurt Cobain, but she's good to run on the treadmill to. Kurt Cobain, for all his angst, is sort of a downer while exercising!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home