Thursday, September 22, 2005

Go Fuck Your Brother

What’s so bad about incest?

The most common and reasonable argument is birth defects. However, first cousins have almost the same chance as unrelated parents of having children with birth defects. I’m talking scientific evidence that the margin between the two is exceptionally narrow, approximately 1%. With brothers and sisters procreating, the risk of birth defects is significantly higher. While there is a 3 to 4 percent chance of birth defects with unrelated parents, related parents have a 6 to 8 percent chance to have a child with congenital defects. Not a considerable difference, but noteworthy, yes.

But if close incestuous unions are illegal (in most states if not all), shouldn’t it be illegal for parents with a myriad of sexually transmitted diseases, parents who have serious inclinations to heart disease, cancer, diabetes… the list goes on and on. How do we truly assess the risks and which types of defects could potentially be worse than others?

Also, brothers and sisters could prove infertility and be married. Brother and brother, no harm in that. Certainly, marriage is truly the illegal factor in policing incest, but nonetheless.

Basically, go fuck your sister, your brother, your cousins… who cares, right? Hahahaha!

Thank God:

Thank God I really do have badass friends. Thanks to my two callers last night and all the emails checking to see if I’m doing well. Y’all are RAD, thank you! At any rate, just an update on The Brother – we’ve since spoken, and I feel hopeful of our direction. Right now, we’re going to maintain a friendship. We both have feelings for one another. Our break-up is just a matter of circumstance, really. Should he lessen the number of projects in which he’s involved, therefore, giving him more time, I imagine there’s a good chance we’ll rekindle the romance. Surprisingly, as passionate and insane I am, I’m feeling pretty mellow and cool about things.

4 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dateline totally did a show about "kissing cousins" and they all had kids and everyone was fine. And who cares that most of the people on the show had mullets and what not?! Thanks for the good thoughts. I don't think I have anyone in my family that I would remotely consider attractive. One of my own cousins did happen to look at me like that though - blech!!! He's since earned a nickname - Creepy D.
I'm glad to hear that you are dealing with things well right now. You are an awesome woman and you will be totally fine - with or without the brother!
Yay for dinner tonight!
xo,
Lynz

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apes,

I will call soon...we've got lots to talk about...hang in there...

Love ya,
Anye

 
At 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apes,

I will call soon...we've got lots to talk about...hang in there...

Love ya,
Anye

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

You know, the whole incest thing usually turns me off except when I'm watching my all time fave movie and I just feel like Jackie O and Marty belong together.

How sick am I?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home