Wednesday, September 07, 2005

I'm Not An Addict.

Free me, leave me
Watch me as I'm going down
Free me, see me
Look at me I'm falling
And I'm falling.........
It is not a habit,
it is coolI feel alive I feel.......
I'm not an addict… maybe that’s a lie.

- "Not An Addict" K's Choice

If there’s someone to blame, it’s my dad. And now here I am bound by my addiction. I told him not to buy that antenna because I knew…

The deeper you stick it in your vein
The deeper the thoughts there's no more pain
I'm in heaven I'm a god
I'm everywhere I feel so hot

Tuesdays and Wednesdays, DON’T ask me to do anything. I’ll say no. I’m a junkie. There were so many that I said no to, but then came Rock Star INXS(http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/), and I was finished. Mark Burnett has succeeded in hooking me once again (my claim to fame – I used to work at his office in my reality tv days – Mark Burnett Productions).

Anyway, this show is fucking great! INXS and Dave Navarro judge wannabe rockstars to see who could front the band after Michael Hutchence asphyxiated himself in some weird sex game. I have my favorite, Marty (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/rock_star/performers/marty/). He has this sweet lil’ turtle face and a raging voice. But anyway, enough about these silly details and let’s get onto addiction.

Since I’m addicted, I thought I’d drag others down with me. My mom’s hooked, my dad (the antenna buying culprit) pretends he’s not hooked, but he is… and The Brother. We all call each other during commercials. I get defensive. Should my dad or The Brother say anything negative about my wannabe boyfriend, Marty, I jump down their throats. I use phrases like, “you just don’t understand” and “he’s an amazing artist AND he’s so fucking sweet (as though I know him?).”

Here’s the most embarrassing part: last week, I voted via-Verizon text messaging… not one time, not two, but 17 fucking times. To me, that’s just whack! I’ve watched reality tv shows before, but I’ve NEVER voted.

“Free Me Rock Star INXS…”

Okay, well, before you do that… let me download some of the songs from I-Tunes…. And can the wannabe rock stars put out a Christmas album?

Thank God:

Thank God my hair is black again. I can finally wear my red lipstick.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are officially off the deep end...you voted? ;)! I feel your pain just in that I'm addicted to plenty of the reality shows. Haven't watched your addiction, but I've heard good things. What the heck - enjoy it!
I wanted to mention that the hair is looking good! And go on with that red lipstick - it looks hot on you!
Lynz

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

Did your time in Eastern Europe not teach you that it is perfectly acceptable to have pink hair and red lipstick (and orange shoes)?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home