Monday, August 29, 2005

The White Man's Band.

5 metal bands, one night, lucky me. One of the many projects The Brother is in is an all black metal band. To the support the boy, I mustered up a smile and we headed back to my old college day stomping ground, Berkeley. There next to “MissCurious gained her freshmen 25 here” the metal scene stood outside waiting for the show to start.

The scene went something like this…

The Girls:

Black leather silver studded belts, “dyed my hair just so I could have these roots” hair, t-shirts boasting “white trash” & “sex instructor” (as though those tags are suddenly funny and original), leather chokers, crucifix earrings, and the obligatory thick black eyeliner.

The Women:

Dressed like the girls, but they’re old.

The Boys:

Black leather silver studded belts, black metal band t-shirts, buzz cuts, and “picked this tattoo off the wall at the shop” tattoos.

The Men:

No shirts, black leather pants, long “I’ve never cut my hair ‘cuz look at these split ends” hair, chest tattoos, black bandanas… an overall, “the eighties Skid Row & Poison look is timeless,” but it’s not, and someone should tell them.

After perusing the scene, I was introduced to a few folks. The Bobsy Twins were a personal favorite. They were the Jay and Silent Bob of the evening telling stories of road rage, you know, trying to get people who cut them off to pull over, so they can what??!? Beat them up?!?!

When the music started up, suddenly white men have rhythm… the no rhythm… so their pissed that they can’t dance and they start skipping around pushing each other… and who let the “I look like I’m from Vermont and where my backpack and bike gloves everywhere I go” guy in the door? And he looks twelve, who served him alcohol?

Anyway, The Brother’s band was RAD, http://www.abandcalledpain.com/. One of their songs just got selected to be on the Saw II (http://www.saw2.com/) soundtrak… track number 9 with bands like Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Foo Fighters, etc. Yeay for him.

Thank God:

Thank God some guy drove his truck into the back office door. One of my favorite things is hearing about folks who drive into buildings. Not just a little fender bender, but ones that actually break wall, break window, break doors and take half the wall with them. I mean who does that shit? How do you just hit a house? Billy Joel, he’s drunk driven into 2 houses. I can understand a pole or a parked car, but how does one just accidentally drive into a person’ s house? Or old ladies who drive into grocery stores? Maybe they should move handicap parking to avoid these kinda’ things.

2 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

a foreign exchange student at my High School crashed into the DMV - actually went THROUGH the enormous windows, there was glass everywhere - it was too hilarious to be believed!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

I ran into a glass window once - does that count?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home