Thursday, August 04, 2005

At Once!

In the first couple months of a relationship, no dates go on the calendar – no birthdays, no wedding invites, no barbeques, no weekend aways… nothing. I’ve always consciously done this. Why? Because what if the relationship doesn’t make it to that date? And there it is on your calendar staring at you in the face… a reminder of what could have been… and what did you end up doing on that day? Staying home by yourself? Thinking of him at that wedding without you? Thinking of him celebrating his birthday with all of his friends, and you’re not there.

With The Brother there have been several dates he’s asked me to put on my calendar. That 3 year olds birthday party, his performance at the jazz festival… and next weekend, a friend’s wedding. Wow, a wedding in the first 2 months… a best friend’s wedding? That’s serious business. Thus far, we’ve made those dates, but still I refuse to put them on the calendar. I even refuse to discuss events that will occur a month away.

The good thing, The Brother and I are getting closer and closer to the date where I will start writing dates and I will start planning with him.

Thank God:


Thank God “at once” is my favorite new prepositional phrase. It’s so seventeenth century. Like I was trying to bring back “rad” from the late 80’s. I’m now really trying to bring back “at once.” LaSassy – put that on a T-Shirt!

Why is it so fabulous? Your boss asks you, “hey can you write a hundred page memo about why pens are preferred over pencils?”

You answer, “I’ll do that ‘AT ONCE’”… this is then followed by inaction.

The Brother, “When can you suck my dick?”

You answer, “AT ONCE!” Again, followed by inaction… okay, well in this case perhaps some action may be taken.

Y’all catch the drift. Use this phrase at least 3 times today… yes, do it AT ONCE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home