Friday, July 22, 2005

City Bus Etiquette, Learn It

1. I hate sitting on butt sweat on the bus, but I do it because I want the seat. While I’m sitting, all I can think about are my jeans absorbing someone else’s sweat.
2. I hate not knowing who to get up for on the bus. I mean how many wrinkles do they have to have. Might I offend a person if I think they’re too old to stand? It’s a tough call… shoe ins:
- People in wheelchairs, hey wait, they already have a seat!
- People with casts, only on their feet / legs
- People on crutches or with canes
- Women clearly nine months pregnant, 6 months – you’re standing
- People with white hair, hunch-backs and walk so slowly that I pretend not to roll my eyes, and oh, they must have the senior pass.
3. Sometimes I resent men who have seats on crowded busses when I’m in heels, fuck you! Sure I pretend to be a feminist, but I want to fucking sit… get out of my fucking seat you little punk with comfortable shoes.
4. Moving back to the Mission means homeless people pissing in the back of the bus. Fuck you homeless people.
5. I hate when people get on the bus through the back doors when the bus is empty. Fuck you guys. Get out of my way! I’m trying to get off the fucking bus.
6. And oh, take your fucking back-pack off… look Chevy Chase when you turn, you hit every fucking person behind you… and you keep smiling that dumb ass grin, but I hate you, you’re stupid…. And don’t even try to sit down next to me with that shit back-pack and squish me up against the window… I’ll push back.

4 Comments:

At 12:39 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

I LOVE IT! I freaking agree with every last one! except 6 months pregnant i might get up. Old asian ladies that pass up the seats in the very front and then stare at you to get up - I don't move. I also am a bitch

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

This is so great - don't forget when you're fortunate enough to get a seat and then someone feels the need to stand w/ their ass or crotch inches away from your face... that's a good one. Also, rich bitches who are apparently not rich enough for car service but who instead must take up an extra seat with their shopping bags. Do people panhandle on the bus or is that just a subway thing? Also one time I saw a girl full on CLIPPING HER NAILS on a moving train... I could go on!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger jen said...

Re. Deitz' response: I hope she wasn't clipping her toenails! ick ick ick.

the bus sucks. end of story.

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

YES SHE WAS CLIPPING HER TOENAILS!! Can't believe I left that part out! She had her neon green flip-flip clad foot propped on the seat next to her, just clip clipping away. And she didn't even look crazy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home