Monday, July 25, 2005

The End?

The Brother and I had a moment where I thought it was the end. Before the weekend began, he mentioned he’d be available to hang out Saturday night around 9 pm… I was happy because I, well, like hanging out with him and we don’t have many weekend nights to do so. It’s always getting up early for work, blah blah blah.

9 pm turned into 11:30 pm and he then had to wake-up at 8:30 am. I pretty much reached a point where his schedule thing wasn’t working out for me. We had a talk about it. I told him I just didn’t know how this was going to work as these late night rendezvous’ weren’t satisfying… that we just didn’t have much quality time together.

He said his schedule wasn’t going to change. His music is his number one priority right now and that he cares about me and wants to be with me and will make as much time for me as he can, but I just have to decide whether it’s enough.

My mind of course does its neurotic thing… I realized that this issue is going to come up again and again… but then he’s this amazing man who I think the world of, so I should make it work… if you like someone enough, the effort will just have to be made…. Every relationship has it’s compromises… no relationship is perfect… I should just be appreciative that I found someone like him…. but again, will I be okay always being put 2nd? Will he be there for me if I really needed him? and I basically have to be available when he is? He dictates so much of our time / our relationship…. And I just have to be okay with everything… I have no choice. If I have something else going on that evening, I’m fucked… maybe I’ll see him in another five days.

I expressed, oh, most of this to him. We had a moment where it was like, “yeah, okay this isn’t going to work.” And my heart completely hurt… eyes watered. He was strong, calm – seemingly unaffected, which of course makes things hurt even more. So I had a “take back” moment. I told him that this has nothing to do with who he is – it’s just a matter of scheduling – and that we should make this happen because people just don’t find each other.

And where the fuck would I ever find someone like him? and am I just doing this because I’m scared? Because my heart is in his hands for him to do what he will, and I just have no say? And I fucking hate it!

We decide to move forward. Yesterday we went to one of his good friends’ son’s birthday party (3 years old). I met all his good friends, but I’m told that most of his girlfriends have (of course). He said he had a moment where he looked over at me conversing with one of his friends, the sun highlighting my red-pulse hair, and he had so much love for me in that moment… that he thought he could be off the market forever.

The rest of the evening was great…. But I feel vulnerable. I feel like I shook his confidence in us by bringing shit up… and that now he’s going to hold back… that I’m an obligation instead of something that could make him happy. I just got off the phone with him… he sounds so distant… and I need to be cool right now … I need to be the strength because I set him into waver mode, but I don't have the strength... I don't know how we're going to save this.

I suppose I just thought being with someone would make you feel less alone in the world… and with him, we’re just not around enough or have “quality” time when it’s not late night going right to sleep time. I should just be patient, less psychotic, but I am psychotic and I'm not patient... and I'm trying and I need someone who has strength at this point in the game... mine comes later.

Right now I feel more alone than ever… not close enough to friends, not close to him… work’s just okay… my chest feels tight – I can hardly breathe now.

11 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger jen said...

Seems to me that he has made it clear where his priorities are (his music) and your personality and needs require someone with more time for you. I don't think it's unreasonable for you to expect a dinner etc. every now and then instead of late night rendevous. Do you know much about his relationship history? Given his age and the fact that he's at least never been married, this may not be the first time this problem has come up in his life.

 
At 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you posted this ages ago, but I'll still say to take a breath right now. So you know where his priorities are, but that doesn't mean that you have to give up on what you need and want. There's always a way to compromise. He needs to give where he can - more towards what you need and not just what works for you. Like having lunch with you someday during the week or something. He's got to be able to find some way to make more work.
You aren't psychotic. This stuff sucks! If you're worried that you've put him off, tell him that you are happy that you guys talked about things and just reassure him that you're still in this for real.
Hang in there my dear. Don't worry about him being distant - and don't make that up in your head either ;). I'm sure he'll come around. If he says that he feels like he could be off the market forever - that's big stuff.
I like what j-do said about past stuff. But don't base everything on that either. Oh so much fun huh?
Hugs to you my dear and try to breath when you feel crazy :).
xo-
Lynz (the wordy blog commenter)

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

can i just say i love the comments? soo, i forwarded the Brother clips from blog entry "brotherly bliss" to remind him why i'm so fucking great... he seemed cool... called me right away.
J-DO: apparently girls in the past have had the same complaint... they've usually worked that part out, but he wasn't into something else about them in the end.
why he's not married -- waiting for me? hahaha... i'm shooting myself in the foot... no, he went through some crazy times and really just got his life back together about 3 years ago... has been very focused on his music, but wants a partner -- only the right one though. we shall see.
i just have to BREATHE -- thank you, LYNZ... and NEVER shorten your thoughts... i look forward to them!

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to your relationship crisis. To stay or not to stay .. To be second to his music or not .. You're right .. You will eventually work this out for now but sadly it will creep back. Hell something else will come up.
It seems to be that you'll be the one to be doing all the compromising for now. Are you in or out? I say try it out and see where it takes you guys!! I mean he did say he could be off the market forever. I better be a fucking flower girl or bridesmaid ... something damnit ..

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger jen said...

I guess I didn't mean that just becuase he has never been married there is something wrong with him- nothing even close to that. It just struck me that this might be a recurring issue in his life...it is so wonderful for men to have their dreams (music and all of that) but unreasonable for a woman to have to sacrifice her own personal well being and happiness for that. He seems like a wonderful man- I hope you don't let him go without giving it the chance you think it deserves!

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger MissCurious said...

J-Do: i totally understand where you're coming from... all of this is very ironic because one of the things i love most about him is the fact that he is so passionate about his music and is pursuing something he truly believes in... but then here i am wanting more of him. i think there is enough, however, to really give this a go... people have been in far worse situations than mine... i'm just being silly.
i've sort of realized that a lot of this stems from the fact that i'm super headstrong... that i hate to think my time would ever be determined by anyone else other than my own. i do believe he's willing to compromise as much as he can... and he is worth the compromises i'll have to make, for now.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger MissCurious said...

ANONYMOUS: yeah, not so anonymous... i know who you are :) hahaha! You're absolutely right... i should just stick around and see how things go... last night we hung out (see he's making effort!) and it was wonderful... when we're together, it's always wonderful... no complaints there... and again, so many others have worse situations... i just need to be less stubborn... there will be times in every relationship where one person is compromising more than the other... this is my time... his time will come.
if other issues come up, we'll cross those bridges when we come to them... for now, there's a lot of mutual respect for one another... he makes me very happy, and i know i do the same.
i'm crossing my fingers that all goes well.
aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, though... relationships - ALWAYS CRAZY!!! we just have to find one where we like the crazy!

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

HAHHA I love that you are replying to comments missy! my 2 cents; I DEMAND time with my boy and in the beginning with MAC it became an issue that he had to work till like midnight every night and I only got to see him climb into bed and then a kiss good morning and back to work. If he were to keep his job I guarantee I would not have made it with him - which would be incredibly sad since he is my LOVE but at that point in my life I needed more and luckily his career changed and I get to see him...but for a rockstar - that is not an easy adjustment to make. it is his life and he loves it...but talking long term - do you think you could keep this up? waiting waiting waiting and changing your life to accomodate his schedule? tough questions but have to be answered!

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

CHICAJATO - yeah... i wonder if i'll be able to keep it up... because it could get better (should he give up one of his 4 bands), but should one of them totally take off, it could get worse. i'm just hoping by the time one takes off and he becomes some gigantic rockstar that at that point, we'll have a strong enough foundation to make things work. and really, the situation isn't that bad... it's just hard to build that foundation during these crazy weeks of rehearsal and shows. well, it's a wait and see for now. it's all i can do.

 
At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

APes...have I ever told you how much I love your blog, your honesty, your curiousity... :)
What's meant to be will happen and when everything falls into place - it'll be so awesome for you because deserve it all!

Love tons,
Anye

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

ANYE - thanks for the words about my blog... this is therapy for me :)... i actually really look forward to the comments... they help me feel "normal"... miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home