Thursday, March 30, 2006

Motley Thursday

Tonight’s Midge’s going away party… it’s going to be at Cheers. The jokes are already starting to roll in, “Be sure you don’t start crying in front of Obsession!” I must admit, it is a slight worry of mine. And please, let it be known, I do NOT cry in public… nor do I cry in front of most of my long-term friends… just a lucky few.

I also, asked LaSassy to be at my side for the evening… telling her I’d be completely bummin’ and needed some support… she mentioned that she hasn’t seen me be needy before… and I’ve known LaSassy for 7 years. Although she meant to tell me it’s okay to be needy sometimes, I was just happy that she thought I never acted needy.

NEXT:

Midge admitted that he’d miss my wedding (like I’ll even get married) for a good concert. I was always kind of hurt by that… you know, hurt before the thing even happened. But anyway, last night I was perusing my music venues as always, and I noticed that Elefant was playing at a SUPER SMALL venue here in SF… however… yes however, they’re playing while I’m in Vegas with friends who’ve traveled far and wide to be together… and for a split second… maybe a split 10 minutes, I actually considered forgoing the trip… I already bought my plane ticket… my good friend already bought her plane ticket from London… and here I was so selfishly thinking I just HAD to be here for the concert.

But anyway, I finally understood what he felt. I understood how important going to those shows is. It’s a drug. The Perfect Drug. And he’s told me that music will always be there… friends will come and go… but he’ll forever have those sounds and feelings attached to music and even more so, with live music. I always thought it was such a sad thing for him to say. But to an extent, he’s right. To an extent, with him leaving, he’s shown how right he is. (no hate mail from my friends please, hahaha)

NEXT:

When I’m infatuated with men I’ll never have, I look for something to hate about them. For instance, I hate short socks. If a guy I can’t have is wearing short socks, it’s much easier for me to get over him. The picture of Trent Reznor below has given me something to hold on to… I HATE MEN IN CAPRIS. NO TRENT NO!!! THE CAPRIS HAVE GOT TO GO!!! (but still, thank god for those 6th row tickets I scored yesterday)

 Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

Sorry MissC - those aren't capri pants! They're just normal cargo shorts. Capris (or man-pris, as they would be in this case) are longer, and I daresay that Trent wouldn't be caught dead in them!!! :)
Also, I'm totally fascinated by your obsession with live music. I know I'm losing points with you by saying this, but unless I can sit down and it's a band I absolutely LOVE, I'd rather stay home and listen to a CD than see a band live!!!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger MissCurious said...

KriKri, i know they are short for your typical male capri... but i can argue that those are way too long to be your standard cargo short... and you'll notice that they are much too fitted up the crotch... the fitted up the crotch makes it look like a pant vs. shorts... therefore, he is wearing short pants aka capris. hahaha

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger jen said...

I like short socks on guys (prefer them to longer socks, especially those that hover on the 'tube sock' look)...and I don't really mind Trent's short pants...so I guess that means I can get all the guys you pass up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home