Friday, March 17, 2006

A Day In The Life of MiSS CuriouS

Woke-up in a sheet-less bed.
Waded through the boxes to the bathroom.
Showered.
Need to shave.
Badly.
Dropped off my dry cleaning.
Sue tailors my clothes for free.
She tells me funny jokes that I never expect.
Hopped on the bus.
It was my favorite bus driver.
He stops mid-street and waits for me to cross.
I wanted to tell him I’m moving, but I didn’t.
Got to work.
Asked bosses if I could leave early to run errands before my concert.
One said that I’m my own boss.
Why didn’t he tell me that 3 years ago?
The other boss said, you better take a cab home, here’s some money.
They can stay.
Left work.
Got Ben and Jerry’s for dinner.
Got my eyebrows waxed.
Was stoked that I didn’t have to wait for the bus very long.
Put on my concert black tights, black skirt, black shirt, red polk-a-dot collar sticking out.
Got stoned.
Wished I had more Ben and Jerry’s.
Tried to hail a cab.
Frustrated I couldn’t get one.
Then thankful I didn’t get one.
I didn’t have my tickets.
Ran 2 blocks home and got them.
My ex-wife was the only person into this music.
He couldn’t go.
I went alone.
Drank a vodka tonic.
The bartender was a dick.
I went mainly for the opening band, Elefant.
“The sunlight’s making me feel paranoid”
The lead singer is a rockstar.
You either are or you aren’t.
They didn’t play very long.
I felt like Kirsten Dunst in Interview With a Vampire.
Blood dripping from her mouth, “I want more.”
Slightly unsatisfied.
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club headlined.
The lead singer is a musician.
He’s that guy who emails all his friends to his show at some whole-in-the-wall bar.
I will never miss a BRMC show again.
They were an experience.
Live experience.
I had another vodka tonic.
The bartender was still a dick.
I got more stoned.
Started thinking everyone was someone I knew.
I thought I saw Mr. Lost His Mind Christian.
Instead I saw Jesus.
Really.
MySpace Jesus.
Really.
I thought he didn’t like live music.
He’s an idiot.
He didn’t see me.
Thank God.
During BRMC, the lead singer of Elefant came out the side entrance.
He went to the bar.
I waited another song.
And went to the bar.
I told him I liked his music.
I asked if he wrote all his lyrics.
I knew he did.
He told me he did.
I said they were beautiful.
He said thank you.
I pretended to hear what else he was saying.
The music was too loud.
I smiled and nodded.
A lot.
He said it was nice to meet me.
He kissed me on the cheek and went back stage.
I was satisfied.
More than.
The show ended.
I went home.
Fell asleep with my headphones on.

OTHER NEWS: I MOVE TOMORROW MORNING... YES, TONIGHT IS MY LAST NIGHT IN CRACKVILLE... THEN I'M OFF TO SONOMA FOR THE WEEKEND!!!

okay okay okay... i'm in sonoma totally moved - had trouble posting the above, so it's late... anyway, i have one hell of a moving story... something to look forward to -- one of the movers, over 50, maybe 60 farted in my face.

but anyway, i'll be in touch on monday!

3 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger jen said...

I was very moved by your entire post...and then laughed loudly, embarassingly, out loud at your last line..."farted in my face".

love it. can't wait for the full recap.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

DITTO DEITZ... I'm all "oooh, ahhh so beautiful -- *gasp* FART!!!"

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

sooo jealous you saw BRMC. I hate you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home