Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm Moving!!!

I found a new place. I’m moving in with a woman my same age… she’s totally chill… has her thing going on, and I have mine. It’s a corner apartment with plenty of windows, so my 6 plants will love me… walk-in closet, so my clothes might decide to look good on me since they’ll be comfy in their new casa. It’s carpeted. Unlike most San Franciscans, I like carpet. Hardwood floors are for dust… carpets are for strong vacuums and shed hair, which I prefer.

It’s going to have some traffic noise, but not honking and yelling and car alarms, but a steady rhythmic flow of sound… no rap, no “I hate you’s” “I wanna shoot you’s”… just a nice 5th floor apartment with views of City Hall and romantic moments with the rain. Close to transportation… close to Chicajato and LaSassy… close to where GreenEyes hopes to move. Close to whole foods, so salads can replace burritos and little Debbie snacks for dessert.

I move the 17th of this month. Yeay!

Yesterday was Midge’s last official day at work. So sad. The owner of our company made a Madonna collage this morning and stuck it on his desk behind me, it reads, “Madonna Always Midge.” Yes, so sad. He will be missed. A lot. A whole lot.

6 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

is this the place you went to see after the slumber party?! very exciting!!! come play with me! sad about Midge:(

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for your new place! I hope you will be happier there and live a life without death threats.

--Laura

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger LH said...

congrats on the new place! sounds much nicer.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Ambee said...

Yay - I am so excited to have you closer and out of harms way. I won't be here on the 17th - but if I can help in any way after that - let me know. And we better start running together now!

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

Yay!!!! You're staying in the city!! Awesomeness still be had in San Fran.

p.s. sorry to hear about the wife leaving. Damn.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

Congratulations on the new place! It sounds amazing. Oh and trust - if I can handle Second Avenue street noise (plus the occasional heavily Brooklyn-accented fight), you can handle anything in SF!
Plus, all those windows!
Oh and you bettah congratulate ME on my imminent hook up with your ex-wife Midge! He's all mine now! Bwahh ha ha ha ha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home