Monday, February 13, 2006

Death Threats and 8-Inch Cocks

Trying to enjoy the weekend weather, I opened my windows and curtains. When it started to get dark my neighbor turned up his rap and sat out on our fire escape. I then decided to close my windows and curtains. As I was closing the curtain, I locked eyes with the psycho-Nazi (“date with a bullet”) guy. When the curtain was fully pulled back, I heard the Nazi yell, “I just saw her. I just saw that bitch. She just closed the curtain. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of her.”

His voice immediately brought back memories of some mystery woman he was telling he was going to have gang-raped and killed. I grabbed my phone to dial the police as he continued talking shit about me.

But then I thought, wait, by the time the police get here, he’ll be gone. All I will have done was sit here being freaked the fuck out waiting for them. And then, I reached my point… I reached that point where you just don’t give a fuck. So, I opened the curtain, opened the window, and stuck my head out and said, “What the fuck’s your problem!?!”

Because really, I’ve never spoken to that man nor called the cops on him, nothing. I have nothing to do with him. The only thing I have to do with him is that he’s friends with my direct neighbors. The neighbors that everyone in my building (except for me) signed a notice to get them evicted. I wrote a letter to the landlord prior to everyone else’s complaints (in October) telling the landlords that I hadn’t had luck getting the neighbors to keep it down by knocking on their door. After the letter, they toned it down a bit, but it was and has been very uncomfortable. I have not complained since then because I just didn’t think it was worth it.

But anyway, let’s get back to “What the fuck’s your problem!?!?”

Nazi replies, “You wrote a letter.”

“Your problem is that I wrote a letter?”

“Yeah, you wrote a letter to the landlord about these kids.”

“Yes I did. I wrote a letter to the landlord to have them keep it down after 11 or 12 pm on weeknights. I don’t think that’s too much to ask. People need to respect each other.”

“Now you’re gonna’ get it. I’m going inside to get my gun right now. You watch out.”

What are my options here:

a) Close the window and call the police.
b) Close the window and get the hell out of my apartment.
c) Keep the window open with half my body out of it and wait for him to come back with his gun.

Guess what I did?!?! That’d be C!!!! He did come back out. He didn’t have a gun. I wasn’t afraid. I was just fucking pissed beyond belief. And if I were him, I would’ve been afraid of me.

Meanwhile, my other neighbor is on our fire escape telling me not to worry about it that Nazi is just on drugs.

I then asked him, “well, why did you tell our cracked-out neighbor that I wrote a letter? What was the point in that? And, now I know what woman he was saying he was going to gang rape.”

He uneasily replied, “I don’t know… he just found out from my girlfriend’s parents. They have friends who know him from prison.”

“So, why would they go and tell him that your neighbor wrote a letter asking that you keep your noise down? Did they want him to come threaten some young single woman who is just minding her own fucking business and just wants the occasional peace and quiet? Now, I’m getting death threats and you’re just telling me not to worry about it?!? And I’m being singled out when all the other neighbors asked that you be evicted and signed a petition. I never once asked that you be evicted. I just asked for you to keep quiet after midnight… big fucking deal.”

“I don’t know. I don’t have a problem with you.”

“It seems like you do have a problem. Since that letter 4 months ago, have I once given you shit? Did I not give you a letter and a bottle of wine thanking you for keeping the noise down and to let me know if I was ever being loud?”

“Yeah, and thank you for that. That was nice.”

“That was nice and now this?”

“I don’t know. Don’t worry about him.”

Nazi comes back out onto the balcony. He brings a shirt with him and holds it up, “do you see this shirt?! Can you buy this shirt at the store?” The shirt had some skinhead logo or some shit like that on it. “No you can’t. I ain’t afraid of prison. You just try and sleep well tonight.”

Still holding my ground, I asked the Nazi, “what did the letter say? Tell me. What did it say?”

He couldn’t say anything. He left, and I continued my beef with my next-door neighbor. He continued to tell me that the guy’s on crack and he’s been to prison and don’t mind him. I said that all that was so reassuring thanks… yeah, fucking no way!!!

Eventually I closed my window and thought about who I could call… whose house I could potentially crash at… I called ex-wife Midge, but he wasn’t around. Then I went through the whole, ‘everyone here has family or a significant other or both, and I have no family. I have no where to go. I feel all alone. Blah Blah Blah.’

Later, my wife called and asked me to come over. I decided not to. I decided to “sleep well” like the Nazi told me. I decided not to be driven out of my home by some stupid mother-fucker.

I decided that I didn’t care what the repercussions were, so I stayed. I did, however, sleep with my light on.

Later today, I’m going to speak with my landlord and discuss moving out. Now, I’m considering moving to San Diego. I love this city and I hate it. I think San Diego is beautiful, but I’m not a fan of the vibe / scene. But my family’s there… I’d have somewhere to run… somewhere to hide. My job has plateau’d. I’m just at this cross-road. Maybe this was the extra push I needed. But I’d hate to leave this city. But I worry about finding another place and hating it. I have this new fear of neighbors. This city is so fucking expensive. Uh. What to do – What to do?!?!

ON A LIGHTER NOTE:

KingKong and I are going to hang out tonight. Stay tuned for details on that. I’ve reiterated to him again and again that I only want a friendship, and he says he’s totally cool with that. But then, we got on the cock size subject and I discovered that KingKong believed 8 inches was an average sized cock. He then said he was a bit above average. I told him to trace his dick and give it to me, so I can decide for myself. Naturally, KingKong suddenly became more appealing… but – but – but… he’s still a bad speller – and he’s soooo skinny… I mean, I wasn’t kidding when I said that I’d crush him if I accidentally sat on him. AND, he’s afraid of horror flicks… enough with the pussy-boys in my life… I need someone who will defend me against that fucking Nazi!!!!

10 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Ambee said...

Two things to say in defense of SF -

numbe won - MOST people are not like that and you're likley to have a better living experience if you just move to another place in a quieter area.

numba too - isn't san diego expensive also??? I know SF prices are a bitch - but its worth it for the environment of nor cal.

That being said - I would be so sad if you moved - but then I would come visit you down there and you could come visit me up here any time. Wouldn't be the same at all though...

I say try another living situation - and another job. Up Here!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

The first line of your post pisses me off ... we were buried under a foot of snow here this weekend!

San Diego?! Do you really want to live in a place that translates as "a whale's vagina"?

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what you should do is file a report with the Police. Threats are a crime. and at least if you do get shot, they will know who did it.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger jen said...

Oh my god, what a horrible effing story!

Deciding whether to stay in SF or go to SD is a bit of a toughie. I know for myself that while I love, absolutely love, san francisco- home is where family is.

I'd say you give another apartment (and neighborhood?) another shot before doing anything toooo drastic.

 
At 8:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i say embrace change, move home to SD! a new adventure, that's what life is about. and home IS where fam is. meanwhile, you are so frikkin brave! lord i would have been crapping bricks if i had neighbors like that.-c- (hey, florida is cool, too :) )

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

You're ass cannot leave!! After this weekend, you can call me and crash at my place anytime. Seriously!!!

p.s. I'm proud that you stood your ground b/c I would have been shittin' bricks.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hm, scary..you should move to San diego, after reading your stgory what was more interesting to me was the fact that none of these commentors minus jackieo said you could have called them But then I'm just assuming these people are your friends

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger jen said...

re. anonymous comment:
you totally could have called me. Wouldn't have done you much good though...I suppose I could send the Mexican Mafia up to kick the Nazi's ass?!

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have really great friends, and I have no doubt that any of them would have been happy to host you. I don't know you, but I would have been happy to help you out as well.

That said, it is still shitty to come up against this kind of a situation and feel like you have "no one" to call -- the fact is that friends are friends, and family is family; unless you have expressly developed your circle of friends into a pseudo-family. It took me at least a whole year after landing in NoCal to feel comfortable enough to rely on my friends as family, and a traumatic experience... I reached out, they responded, and the rest is history.

What I am trying to say, is that you should not stay in SF just because you feel that your friends want you to stay; and you should not move to San Diego just because you feel like you have no one to call. This is a great opportunity to test those friendships, take the risk, beyond your ex-wife, who is leaving soon, to see who will be there.

I am also very proud of you for standing your ground, though I feel I should remind you to be careful... I think bullies can only be handled with firm resistance, you just never know when the bully is also mentally disturbed or chemically altered, in that case, it doesn't matter what you do, you are not dealing with a logical person.

I am so glad that in this case, standing your ground was the right answer. I hope you are able to find the space that feels safe very soon!! Hang in there.
Loyal Reader

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger chicajato said...

damn girl your blog is the shiznat! Umm 1) everyone says it but I want you to know this and understand this, regardless of how silly you feel I will ALWAYS accept your call and any requests to help out in any situation. ANYTHING my dear. I don;t care that we rarely talk on the phone you freaking have my number so call me, I have a freaking fold out couch waiting for you and we can burp and fart in my living room:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home