Wednesday, March 22, 2006

No Such Thing As Sold Out

Drug addiction and alcoholism are much too alluring. On Monday, still riding the high from last week’s Elefant and Black Rebel Motorcycle show, I realized I hadn’t done my music venue perusal in a while… I needed another live show and needed it now. Hitting SF’s Great American Music Hall, I couldn’t believe my eyes… Snow Patrol, one of my Scottish guilty pleasures, was playing that night at a sold out show… luckily I work close to the venue and figured I might be able to squeeze one ticket out. Sure enough, I did.

This was yet another love shared by me and my ex-wife… who again couldn’t make an appearance due to biz-ay-ness with his NYC move next week.

So, Miss Curious is doing her ALONE thing… 2 shows 2 weeks 1 girl.

But really, I didn’t feel alone. I had drugs and alcohol. And fuck me, there isn’t anything in this world better than being high as fuck, drunk as fuck, and live music so fucking loud you can’t hear yourself scream.

Not even fucking.

And I’m not asking for those obligatory clichés here… but fucking god, I wish I could be drunk and high all the time. Why oh why, can’t I be high by the bye?!?!

Uh. Just standing there… fixated upon a stage… and music… such loud music… and there are people there, but this show is just for you… and the music is a part of your blood stream just as much as the alcohol… just as much as the weed…. All the feelings converge… to crystallize that feeling… to put that feeling in a bottle forever… the cure… to never feel alone… to never miss love… because that bottle holds all the love in the world.

But then to know what it feels like to be without it… to be how I feel right now… and to know that those moments are too few…. And don’t tell me I have to know now to know then… because that answer will never be good enough.

For those of you who read A Day in the Life of MiSS CuriouS… below is a photo of Diego Garcia, the lead singer of Elefant, who just happened to touch my cheek with his lips.



Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home