Sunday, January 04, 2009

It

I was just going through old documents and came across one title "It", most likely titled that because the document started with the word "It". Anyway, you'll note the song I was listening to when I wrote It. It just so happens that the same song popped up on my iPod. I felt like posting it to no one out there as I haven't written on this in like 6 months. But, here I am.


It’s Friday night. I’m sitting on my floor eating white rice with low sodium soy sauce. With or Without You is playing on my iPod. I haven’t listened to that song in a very long time. It’s funny how over the years lyrics assume different meanings.

What struck me are a few lyrics placed completely out of order and lyrics that are completely simple, but for whatever reason, they sparked a little something in me this evening.

"And you give yourself away
And you give yourself away
And you give
And you give
And you give yourself away…
My body bruised…
And [I] have nothing left to lose."


In the world of love for Miss Curious, ‘tis true. I’ve given myself away. My body’s bruised. But then… I’m surprisingly taking a positive spin on that last lyric… it’s okay for me to keep giving in to the pursuit of love because really, I’ve felt like a dumbass, an asshole, broken hearted, homicidal, suicidal… hahaha… so yeah, really, what do I have to lose? What’s left to feel? Well, one great love I suppose.

So where is he already?

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Gatling said...

welcome back

 

Post a Comment

<< Home