Monday, March 03, 2008

Okay - Okay, I'm Back ;-)

When I got home from work, I remembered that today I’d be back to blogging. All I could think is, “what the hell am I going to write about?!”

My new job has been quite humbling. I forgot what it’s like to start over. I went from knowing exactly what I’m doing to having to ask questions every two minutes and genuinely being angry at myself for not knowing everything right now.

Going into this new job, I knew it was going to take time to adjust, but it still fucking sucks.

I do love this lyric, “there’s no substitute for time.” ‘tis true.

It has been a complete lifestyle change. I’ve gone from starring in a XXX straight to dvd movie to a G-rated Disney movie where everyone’s having babies and selling girl-scout cookies. I now have 3 boxes.

This adjustment has been one big mind-fuck, but I asked for it. I asked for change, and here it is. I’ll be fine. I know I will.

So, why is it I have nothing to write? Well, I come home and my mind is consumed with all the insane new shit I’m learning. I haven’t a creative bone in my body right now. That’s certainly something I need to reclaim. I know I will.

For now, I’m trying to appreciate the little things in life:

1. I appreciate that I’ll never cease to roll my eyes when someone tells me to appreciate the little things in life.

2. Hm, and genuinely… I’m stoked when the elevator’s at my floor when I get there.
I like when my netflix arrive on time, and I like being surprised that some stupid Lindsay Lohan movie arrived instead of some educational foreign film because I know it’ll collect dust before I finally give in and watch the damn thing just so the next Hillary Duff movie in my queue can come a runnin’ already.

3. I like that I can write run-on sentences and not have red-pen written all over it.

For now, the little things that irritate the fuck out of me:

1. Saturday night was the first in what is hopefully a series of “girls’ night out” with my old co-workers. The implication of “girls’ night out” is always drink too much and objectify men. I think we accidentally stepped foot onto the wrong side of the tracks because we ended up in BlazerVille where apparently it’s cool to wear your blazer out to a bar. I’d like to put those guys in with the Expensive-Watch dudes that I will never date. Anyway, I think girls’ night out will likely turn into “girls’ night in” where we drink too much and then drink too much.

2. I haven’t gone to a good show in ages. I went to a show this past Thursday and then another one on Friday, which can be described as crap and crappier.

The Boy Sitch:

A classic, lack thereof a boy sitch. Girls’ night out was a startling reminder of how meeting a partner should actually replace the Hanging Towers of Babylon as one of the Seven Wonders of the World (and why the fuck does everything come in sevens? God, why?)

My argument for such an assertion:

- First, two single people must meet
- These two single people must both be attracted to one another. (how often does this happen?!?!)
- Hopefully they live in the same town or state or country.
- Hopefully girl’s friend doesn’t have a crush on the dude and then girl has to choose between girl or dude.
- Difficult already… and then, they actually have to have stuff in common. Like values and hobbies and shit.
- Then one has to get over his or her insecurities and actually express interest in the other person.
- So they go on a date.
- Then they both need to play their cards right… fucking on a first date could ruin the chances for a second date as could not fucking on the first date.
- Anyway, you make it through the first few dates.
- Again, cards must be played right. This is the time where one person can call the other a little too often and be little to eager and turn the other person right off.
- Hopefully both parties are still emotionally available and shit after some time.
- Then they get more serious and hopefully they can actually communicate and get along just a tad more than they argue.
- Then, they both have to want to take the same next steps like declare boyfriend-girlfriend’ism or move in together or get engaged or married or have kids. Bor-ring!!!
- And each person has to carefully give security to the other person.
- And jesus – I could go on and on… this list is making me appreciate singledom. I mean come-on!!!

HEADACHE!!!

Okay – okay, I successfully talked myself out of wanting a relationship without even going into that diatribe trying to do so.

Sheesh.

Okay – I’m going to stop here. I’m hoping that the 8th episode of Rock of Love II has finally downloaded, and I can watch the damn thing. God, I love strippers and alcoholics.

2 Comments:

At 4:51 PM, Blogger jen said...

welcome back! you crack me up. you know, i kind of like men in blazers- even at bars. Funny how attraction works.

what's your ideal man-type for ogling?

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Leigh said...

yes yes! genius! love your description of relationships. so very true.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home