Monday, December 31, 2007

2007

2007 Lips That Kissed Mine

1. iBartender

Met:
at Small K’s birthday 2 years ago

Flirtation Began: February 2007 while frequenting his bar around the corner from Tall K’s house. We went every Monday night.

Derivation of Name: during our Monday game nights, he’d let me play my iPod on the bar speakers. We then discovered our similar tastes in music and got giddy as fuck when talking about it.

Turning-Point: I made him a CD. That night we kissed over the bar - 2 minutes later he said, “kiss me on the cheek.”I said, “no”“C’mon!”“No… okay fine, you have to bring your cheek to me.” I leaned in to kiss him, and this time he turned to kiss me on the lips. We both paused… he moved in closer… grabbed my bottom lip with his teeth and softly tugged… our lips met… our tongues met… and in a swift second it was over.

A week or two later he declared the night “Whatever You Want Night”. He followed me to the DJ booth while I was changing songs. He wrapped his arms around me, “Why aren’t you kissing me?” I asked.“You just have to tell me that’s what you want.” “I want you to kiss me.” He smiled and turned his hat backwards. He held my face with one hand, pulled me toward him, and our lips met. His soft, soft lips… his sweet, sweet tongue… mingled with mine. I’m smiling now as I think about it.

End:
I was gone for a couple of weeks after the kiss… he found someone new. Whatever. A fleeting DJ Booth romance. I still see him and now know understand his little flirtatious games he plays. I always liked the idea of him, but really, he’s younger, and it shows.

2. Obsession

Met: At Cheers 4 years ago.

Flirtation Began: 4 years ago. He introduced himself and started giving me free drinks. We hooked up once and nothing happened after that. We’ve flirted over the years.

Turning Point in 2007: I was helping him write a business letter. (from old post) -
I sat at the edge of the bed to see if he'd start moving toward me. He did. He'd rest his hand on my leg. I'd pretend not to notice. I got up to do something, and when I came back his arm was around my spot on the bed. I picked it up and moved it. He smirked.

After a few more glasses of wine, he said he should get going. I reached over him to put my glass on the table to walk him out. He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me onto him... and then smothered my lips with his. We made out like teenagers... a lot of groping, expert bra unfastening...

Once he went to remove an article of my clothing, I said, "okay, I have to ask... are you still with your girlfriend?" He cringed, "yes." Fuck. "Well, I can't do this then. Sorry."

End: he left trying to explain himself. I emailed him the definition of Integrity. We’re still bar-friends. I’ll always have a “thing” for him, but I’ll never want to be with him.

3. Flava Flav

Met: MySpace. He emailed me. I emailed him back 3 months later when I was bored.

Flirtation: Good for one thing. Very good for that one thing.

Derivation of Name: In reality tv dating shows, there's always one or two or three chicks that use the line, "I'm not here to make friends. I'm here for Flava Flav." He seemed like he'd be that girl, a bitch.

End: Cheating’s my “thing”. Some people get jealous or this or that. If I know someone has a history of cheating, I know that I can’t get close to him or her. He couldn’t stand it. He couldn’t stand a lot. Couldn’t stand if I talked about other guys. Couldn’t stand that I wouldn’t give him a real try. But then, I was unavailable for hooking up at 11 pm one night. He called another chick after me. I thought it was fucked up and told him to fuck-off.

4. BAM

Met: through Mutual Friend. Mutual Friend’s band was playing. We both knew the other was going to be there.

Derivation of Name: I liked him the moment he introduced himself. We hung out all day (it was a daytime show) as thought we’d known each other forever. He drove me home and in his car as we were kissing I thought, “I can’t wait until this kissing really means something.” That thought was swiftly followed by, “but it already feels like it means something.”
BAM, I felt so close to him so quickly.

Highlights: He said, “you have my heart, a dear hold on it.” amongst some of the most romantic words anyone has ever told me.

End: It just did.

5. Antonio

Met: He works nearby. We'd flirted there before, and then I bumped into him at a bar.

Derivation of Name: He has one of those names that screams "fling" like some latin lover Antonio...

Flirtation: he sat on my chair and divulged his deepest and frickin' darkest secrets. He's a disaster.

End: We saw each other and flirted at his place of business, but neither of us made an effort to hang out again. He moved out of state in November.


2007 Boy Wrap-Up:

Same shit, different year. Where's "the one" already? Haha! 2008's my year!


2007 Best Live Shows:

1. Muse – Bill Graham
2. Tori Amos – The Paramount (2nd night)
3. The Cure – Shoreline
4. Smashing Pumpkins – The Fillmore (1st night)
5. Okkervil River – The Independent
6. The Arcade Fire – Greek Theater, Berkeley
7. Wolf Parade – Great American Music Hall
8. Tool – Bill Graham
9. Medeski, Martin, Scofield, and Wood – The Fillmore
10. Tapes N’ Tapes – Mezzanine


2007 Best Movies:

I didn’t make it out to the movies much this year, and what I did see was, um, okay. Here are some highlights:

1. Superbad
2. Hairspray
3. uno
4. Waitress
5. 30 Days and 30 Nights
6. Jane Austen Book Club
7. Transformers

Biggest Upset:

Atonement started out as with a huge bang, but sadly FiZ-Zled. During the first half, this film was a huge holy-shit this is amazing. I should have gone home mid-way through.


2008 New Year's Resolution

To be a nicer person

2 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

I love this - your year in review is amazing! But um your resolution is LAME - it should be to be in SF at least ONE time when I'm there this year!!!! :) Or to come out to NY to visit me already!

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how exactly do you want to be a nicer person? I think you're plenty nice! What do you want to change - or improve or whatever? What if you don't need to?
Happy 2008 :) and looking forward to hanging out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home