Monday, December 10, 2007

Possible to Get Back Into Christmas?

When did Christmas become something we had to get through?

I remember anxiously awaiting the holiday season. The decorating of the Christmas tree accompanied by classic xmas tunes and the necessity of hanging particular ornaments. The overly satiating of my Santa belly with my mom's peppermint cookies and tamales. The purchasing of holiday pajamas. The succumbing to horrid holiday photos that people our family hasn't seen for years will be getting in the mail with some "Season Greetings" note from the CuriouS family. Sometimes all of our names would be written. The bricks in over-sized boxes my parents used to delude MiSS CuriouS from incessantly guessing her gifts wrapped in some cheesey snowman paper with ribbons that were meticulously curled by my dad.

This year I've been trying to reclaim that old Christmas spirit. I bought this:

http://www.bestvideo.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=796019803151&click=2

Anyone remember these? I remember never missing them. At the store, the cashier went on about her memories of these TV movies. It sparked something in her, and I was happy to see it.

I bought a poinsettia. I put up white Christmas lights. I bought an apple cider smelling candle. I'm trying.

Anyway.

Moving on.

I listen to my iPod wherever I go. I'm lost without it. I have the appearance of some rotten kid. I think people would be surprised as to what it is I'm listening.

These are my songs as of late:

Singing in the Rain, Gene Kelly (quick note: it's impossible to listen to this and not be happy. Try it)
They Can't Take That Away From Me, Fred Astaire
On Broadway, George Benson

And on that same playlist with Fred Astaire...

The Knowledge, Janet Jackson
I Can't Make You Love Me, Bonnie Raitt
Nothing Fails, Madonna
Candidate, David Bowie
Then a gazillion Tori Amos songs
Hold Me Now, The Thompson Twins
Lovestain, Jose Gonzalez

Guess I like random shit.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger jen said...

I don't think that you have "the appearance of a rotten kid" in the slightest, but I am a bit (happily) suprised by your holiday playlist. I gotta get me some of that.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger MissCurious said...

Why happily surprised? just curious...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home