Monday, November 12, 2007

A Very Judgmental Miss Curious

PEDESTRIANS:


I don’t have a car, so I’m solely a pedestrian these days. You’d think that I’d be all about pedestrians owning the streets and shit, but really, there are some serious jerk-off pedestrians that should just get hit by a car. Okay, that’s mean, but you get the point.

Almost everyone who’s ever driven in traffic has been caught blocking the intersection and pissing off whole lotta’ people. As soon as that walk sign turns, the pedestrians don’t give a shit that there’s a car blocking the intersection. If the driver could just slip by in one minute, it’d save a lot of headache. I mean, c’mon, sometimes the light’s still green, and one thinks he or she is safe to cross. It was an accident. We’ve all done it. But those pedestrians are like “sorry, we know we could easily/quickly let you slip by, but we’re gonna’ walk in front of your car and take our sweet-ass time, so you remain there in the intersection.”

Anyway, that pisses me off. Just let them go.

I also hate when there’s someone who’s trying to make a turn, and the pedestrian makes it her prerogative to talk on her cell phone and walk slower than my grandma. Most pedestrians have the attitude that since the walk sign is on a car’s just gonna’ have to wait its turn, which is fine, sure, I get it. But then, when is that turning-car’s turn? It’s walk on green, and it’s walk on red.

While yes, it’s the pedestrians turn, they can have some respect and walk a little faster, so our traffic / pedestrian flow can be harmonious and not sanctimonious.

Also, pedestrians hate when a car has pulled out to get a good view of the traffic he or she will be entering. The pedestrian gets all pissed that his cross-walk is blocked. Yes, I understand. It is annoying at times, but often, a pedestrian can easily walk around it, behind it typically. I think it's important for us pedestrians to understand that a driver's vision can be severely impaired, and the driver may not be able to see other cars coming unless he pulls forward a bit.

Of course, some cars are complete assholes, but us pedestrians have the same tendencies as well. I’m just saying that we all need to work together.


GREEN FESTIVAL:

Yesterday, I went to the Green Festival here in San Francisco. I have a friend who urged me to go, and I was open to it. It’s nice to see people who take such an active interest in something. An interest that comes from a good place.

At first I wasn't sure how to get there when I got off the bus, but then, I saw a hippy and followed her. Haha!

Here I go being a stereotypical bitch, but sometimes Green People and hippies aren’t very Nice People. The thing is, some (some, not all of course) preach about being open-minded and loving and peaceful, but they’re only that way to people who think exactly like them.

Everyone’s different. We need to appreciate our differences. We need to understand that people are they way they are for one reason or another. Not everyone’s been raised in a situation where hippy-dom and going Green can be a top priority. Maybe some people get their self-esteem from maintaining a beautiful, brand-name wearing yuppie appearance. We can’t always make assumptions about people and presume we’re somehow better than others. We just don’t know.

I mean, I don’t quite fit your hippy or yuppie and not quite some indie or rocker chick… I’m in between. But how many Green Peeps would give up a year or two of their life and volunteer in the Peace Corps? I’m not saying it makes me a better person, I’m saying that you wouldn’t guess that I’d have done it. I don’t think you’d guess I was in a sorority either.

There are so many judgments made, and I often think, Green Hippy People make A LOT despite what they preach.

It’s funny because I put a lot of thought into what I was going to wear yesterday. I didn’t want to wear too much black. I almost put on this shirt that had a reference to the army given to me by a Green Beret. Although I don’t support war in the slightest, that Green Beret believed in what he was doing. He believed our administration was good. He really was a good guy, and who knows what kind of family in which he was raised. If you’re told your entire life that America’s honest and the best and this and that coupled without the capacity for greater thinking, one could continue on that path. Can I blame him? Nope.

I ended up putting on a shirt that was light in color and had the word River on it.

Anyway, I’m being judgmental here myself, but I’m simply trying to make a point.


MY NEW HAIR:


I get bored pretty easily, and every once in a while I like to fuck with my hair. This weekend I decided to go LIGHT, with highLIGHTS. My hair is naturally some shade of brown.

BEFORE: (please note, sizing pics messes shit up, oops!)





AFTER:




2 YEARS AGO:

3 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger jen said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW HAIR. (and yes, the sentiment is deserving of the Caps Lock.)

There is a t-shirt i want that says, "Yes, I am quietly judging you". This post reminded me that I need to buy it.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

I LOVE YOUR NEW HAIR TOO and I join Jen in shouting it from the mountaintops.

 
At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hair looks GREAT!!! I really do LOVE LOVE LOVE the color - it looks so nice and pretty. Nice change my dear!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home