Monday, October 15, 2007

The Genitalia Fit, But Not The Minds

In line with my last post, here are more thoughts on the differences between men and women:

(this part is a little scrambled. the info provided was super long, and it's difficult to write the gist... hope you can sorta' follow)

First off, my dad sent me an article on the size of a man's genitalia. Yes, sounds gross, and I am a little uncomfortable even discussing it with him, but he's so scientific about the whole thing. The article discusses why men have larger penis' which is to insure that they impregnate a woman in order to have their sperm oust another man's. I was always under the impression that a woman gets pregnant almost immediately. Turns out that that's not the case.

For instance, a woman can sleep with one man one night. 24 hours later, with his sperm still inside her (not drippin' folks) having not impregnated her yet, the man with the larger penis can reach the cervix from an advantageous point, deeper. Also, according to the study written on male genitalia, men who suspect their wives or partners are cheating, thrust harder. Apparently, a penis has evolved to eradicate another man's sperm. The thrusting essentially jiggles it out and pushes his in. WEIRD!!!

Here's my email to my dad after having read the article - this once again addresses my issues with our purpose only being to propagate and all evolution is centered around greater reproduction of the human species:

Dear Dad,

Anyway, this entire article once again takes the romance out of romance. It only makes me more disenchanted... our only purpose being propagation, and we merely have ideas of grandeur. Saddening.

One thing I can't fully reconcile is if men and women have body parts that fit perfectly together for the mating process, then why have our wants and needs grown so far apart... almost inhibiting successful propagation? Women are clearly more unsatisfied with the actions of men. We can't stand the nature of men solely wanting to sow their oats. We withhold our bodies until we get the reassurance of monogamy and commitment from men. If we go back to the hunter/gatherer days, we should be satisfied with pregancy alone because our children will be raised in tribes... with interdenpendency.

For instance, I will not have children unless I find a man that meets certain criteria... having similar interests, making me laugh, etc. Why can't other members of a tribe fulfill such things? I understand that men have evolved to meet these needs, but still a woman's satisfaction is on the decline (per your chart - study you sent me).

Why have a world where male and female genitalia fit so well for successful reproduction, but have a mind that clearly inhibits it?


BAM:

Well, yes, we're writing him off the blog... our communication has pretty much ended... as of last week and having it stop is kinda' a bummer. Like so final. Like door closed, and I for whatever lame-ass-pathetic reason, I still can't stop thinking about his punk-ass. Guess I need a rebound. I don't get it though... it was a short period of time. Well, I suppose it didn't help that we were in constant communication up until last week. Bleh! Anyway.

Saturday night, I met some dudes... I was told not to leave until I gave my number out (I left). This always happens when I go to this particular bar - you know, a straight bar. And every time, I meet the same type of dude... guys who have serious drug problems or are crazier than I am or are totally pervy or just dumb or have no ambition... blah - blah - blah!

I'm just not interested in them.

Meeting other guys makes me realize how much I did like Bam. Although he wasn't perfect, no guy is, his imperfections were not dividing differences on my end... they were those lame insecurities I have and he has that create bumps along the way.

At the end of the day, he really was / is a great guy. Not sure if I wrote about this, but I wasn't feeling so well a few weeks ago and darted out of town for a week. I sorta' mentioned this to him and then suddenly, he emailed all the time "just checking in - are you doing well"... and then told me he'd answer his phone no matter what and to call him if I needed him. He said he wanted to be there for me.

I was taken aback. He was just so sweet and attentive, and it just made me feel so much better about things.

Anyway, one realizes how difficult it is to find someone like him when they meet so many NOT like him. Boo-Hoo! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home