Monday, November 26, 2007

The Little House That Could

Since I was home in So Cal for the holidays, I thought I'd take some quick pix of our home that fortunately didn't burn down. The fires got very-very close, and we'd almost given up on our house. But, it now still stands.
Thee front door.


The hallway where I practiced my leaps and kick combinations for dance class. It's all still there!


Our home is surrounded by trees making it huge fire hazard, eeks!

The staircase I yell up when I get home late at night, so my mom is appeased.


For Thanksgiving, I went home, but my parents went to Massachusetts to visit the rest of the family. I had the house all to myself. One of my sister's came over, and we celebrated Thanksgiving together. People didn't seem to understand that spending the holiday sans-family (well, most of it) was okay. Although, I'm very much a people person and seemingly want constant stimulation, I appreciate my alone time immensely. And so, my trip was a beautiful one... a relaxing get away from the chill and fog of San Francisco.

BOYS:

Being away from the city and any sort of social life, I'm always able to clear my head... especially of boys. But then, really, there are no boys in my life who I need to clear my head of. It's funny how I can be in this spot where I feel all strong and shit because I have control over my emotions... where I'm not waiting by the phone and always trying to guess what the other person is thinking. When I'm in this mindset, it's hard to imagine that I ever sweated any of that shit. It's hard to imagine that there was ever a time a boy had enough control over my heart to make me want to cry. It's this place - this single Miss Curious place in which I feel the most comfortable. Hm.

However, my psycho-self suddenly popped back up when I got back to SF with a catalogue waiting for me. In that catalogue, I found this set of rings. I decided I wanted them to be my wedding rings. At the age of 22, I read an article on the diamond trade at which point I vowed never to buy a diamond or accept one unless it's my grandma's. (DISCLAIMER: Please don't think I'm judging should you purchase one. This is a personal choice, and I imagine you never read that article, haha. I do a lot of things, like own a leather purse, that I'm sure people can't stand, so who am I to judge anyone else.)
So, as I've mentioned before, us women are crazy and have our whole weddings planned out and shit. Of course, I have ZERO prospects, but this ring just made me think about maybe one day having someone give these to me with some promise of forever. How cheesey can I possibly be? Crazy talk!!! Now that I'm writing this and even posting this frickin' picture, I can't believe how ridiculous I am. Picking out a wedding ring!?!? Seriously Miss Curious. Sheesh. Don't mind me. I just like these rings. :-)


7 Comments:

At 5:00 PM, Blogger jen said...

That ring is beautiful. And hey, if I am picking out names of future children and practicing my married signature after 1 or 2 dates, then picking out a ring is right up my crazy alley!

Beautiful house, btw. Kinda sad to think that many of us won't be able to afford the same types of homes that our parents raised us in (on the west coast anyway).

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

Wait, so why can't we afford homes like our parents? haha!

I know - I know.

I remember being a teenager and wanting some life greater than my parents.

Now, ahhh... if only.

And J-Do, I haven't picked out baby names and the Mrs. (inserting his last name) usually comes after he's been declared my boyfriend.

I don't look much at rings for engagement purposes... I just saw this and loved it.

I'd be a cheap fiancee - $350

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

J-Do: I hope that didn't come across poorly about the baby-names... as we discussed in that post a while back, we all have our things that we envision. I love us!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger jen said...

Gawd, I am SO offended! Sheesh!
haha

And for $350, you really are a steal!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger The K Life said...

i look at rings all the time :)

i think it comes with having no prospects? at least for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home