Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My Happy Space

For some reason, I have an awful feeling that someone I really-really don't want to have found my blog, may have found it. Did you?

Perhaps those ladies who went private had a really good idea... but then, the damage has been done. I will reconsider going private the next time I date someone, which will be tomorrow, right? Hahaha! My grandma doesn't want me to call her back until I have a husband. Part of her is serious. Eeks!


I understand that I'm becoming more and more of a financial burden to my bosses, and the job prospects are grim. There's nothing out there that to which I'd even want to apply. It sucks ass. I don't want to just get a job to have a job. I want to make a commitment somewhere. I want a job that has a upward mobility. I've been looking in my field, but on a grander scale and one that doesn't depend on what Bernanke has to say. Grrr!

There once again is the prospect of me putting my shit in storage here and hanging out with my folks down south and working some part-time / temp job while still looking up here (San Francisco). I really can't afford to live in this city if I'm not making what I make now. If I were to kick it with the 'rents for a few months, I'd be rent free... I wouldn't have to pay for food, and I'd NEVER go out. But 29 and living with my parents? Oh well. Who cares. If that's what I want or need to do for a minute, then so be it.

But still... No one told us it'd be this hard, and I have it easy. If that makes sense.

Of course I love stressing myself out about what hasn't happened yet. It's just something to do. Be negative. Stress. Good times. Haha!

Since I have lost sleep over these thoughts, I decided to create a happy space... really. You know, like Adam Sandler did in Happy Gillmore, so he'd be a better putter. Except mine doesn't involve women in lingerie, a bicycle, and a midget.

I see myself on a small boat, gondola'ish, but not quite... I have music playing, some Nina Simone or Fred Astaire... I'm shaded... I'm floating down some pretend river lined with green trees... it's completely isolated... I now close my eyes and can almost feel the light rocking of the boat... ahhh, happy places really do help. They really do.

Well, random post. Oh well.

5 Comments:

At 12:17 PM, Blogger jen said...

Re. moving in with your folks: I don't think there's anything wrong with that. It's actually nice to have the opportunity to reconnect with family and enjoy the small moments that you miss when you're in SF.

BUT. If you do want to stay in the bay area, it seems like it would be really logistically difficult to look for a job in SF when you are living in SD.

The job I just got had 5 rounds of interviews which might be a little unusual but in this downturn of the real estate market it might become more common?...I would have spent a month's worth of rent just flying back/forth...just my two cents, not meant to ruin your happy space!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger jen said...

Oh, and I am super curious who may or may not be reading your blog. Please don't self-censor...make it private if need be.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

J-Do:

I'm not sure if I have your recent email address... email me, and I'll give you the deets :-)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

And oh, you're totally right about the expenses incurred with moving down south for a minute.

I give up.

Happy Space - Happy Space!

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW - there is so nothing wrong with living the parents (if there was, I would be the poster child of how wrong it is ;)).
But really - I totally believe that you can find something. Hang in there my dear! Any chance of working with a recruiter - do they do that for your line or work?
As for the person who's discovered you, send me an email as to who it is - or might be.
I'm all for the private thing. I just got to where I didn't like the idea of someone who I really didn't want reading my stuff could have easy access. But it's totally your choice.
Hang in there darlin - with all of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home