Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Be Nice.

Why am I such a bitch? I know it’s, ahem, that time of the month where we’re all a lil’ more irritable, but even aside from this week, I’m a total bitch! I really want to be nice. I really really do. I run entire conversations through my head, where I say something horrific, the person gets his or her feelings hurt, and then I feel bad. So, I’m standing there screaming in my head, “Don’t say it! Don’t say it!” And, oh shit, there it went. I said it. It’s like where the fuck is my control? And why the fuck am I thinking such mean thoughts? I should be chill. I should just let things roll off my back… not sweat shit. But I’m the complete opposite, and I fucking hate it!

So, “God” goes and makes a few people… sets our world up to essentially be interdependent, but what the fuck, we all can’t get along? Throughout our days we’re constantly antagonizing one another, rolling our eyes, talking shit.

We have all these lil’ insecurities, like “why didn’t so and so invite me to her birthday?” or “oh, you hung out with so and so without me, hm, that’s cool.” Is it age? I used to have a lot more patience and confidence (okay, relatively speaking), and I didn’t really care what people thought of me… I was just April, trying to be nice, like me or don’t. Now I’m a high-strung bitch who’s so fucking self-aware she’s being a bitch that it’s not even fun!

4 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

Dear Miss Curious,
Hello! I am Miss Deitz. At first I was like, "shit, I totally copied April's name, she's gonna hate me." But then I realized, or rather remembered, always feeling like you and I were *really* alike (painfully self-aware and yet oblivious, boy crazy, hot n sexy, ya know) in many ways, so it's almost kinda fitting. The bitchyness? Yeah, that's me. I used to be so much nicer, too. For me the biggest thing that changed me was independence - like I *really* noticed it when I lived in Italy. I suddenly turned into a raging bee-yotch! It might have something to do with feeling like fuck everyone else, if you're not my friend then you're obviously just a wanker and why are you making my life so difficult, I know I'm a nice person but right now I don't care what you think of me so eff you, buddy!
Did any of that make sense?
Anyways... Love, deitz

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

all of that made sense deitz... guess w/ our youthful naivety we lost our niceties as well!

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, not sure what to say - well, you're always nice to me! :)
Love, Linz

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger chicajato said...

I'm a bitch and you all love me for it:) I'm down with it too. I decided one day that I don't have to be nice to the world and if someone does't approve then so be it. Not saying I want someone to hate me, I love being loved! But really, if someone is not worth your time don't fake it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home