Tuesday, March 22, 2005

G-Rated

Non-animated G movies are highly underrated. Yesterday, “Ice Princess” just happened to be starting the time it takes to walk to the theater after clocking out from work. I mean, all those esoteric / artsy ‘films’ (yes ‘films’, not ‘movies’) I wanted to see were starting at such inopportune times, so I had no choice but to see Disney’s latest release. It was well worth the $8 ticket. I went looking to leave with a particular feeling, you know, that happy feel good feeling… where everything you want to happen does happen. There are a lot of movies that are predictable, but not all of them are hit the right chords. This one does and did. I mean the dorky brainiac girl getting the guy and becoming popular by just being her dorky-self is a classic… it just doesn’t get better than that!

3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger chicajato said...

Oh no you didn't! You saw Ice Princess when you could have seen the Ring 2!!??!!

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY April...if you were here in LA I would have taken you to a screening with the ice skating rink in the back of the El Capitan theater... ;) I was surprised too that it wasn't too bad of a movie...

Love ya,
Anye

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anye's so damn cool with all her connections! And the best part is that she would actually take you April - she's not all talk!! Good for you for going to see a movie that does make you feel good! I think I've done too many of those Indy movies lately that leave you all sad and depressed! And yay for movies on a rainy day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home