Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Apes and Naughty Nadia

My older sister Naughty Nadia and I like to spend hours on the phone discussing how ridiculous the two of us are and how the other is the only person who can truly understand the depths of our outlandishness. One of our main topics of discussion is, surprise, boys. We go on and on and on about boys we see here and there and how we have psychotic thoughts about these people we’ve maybe uttered one word to, if any.

We decided that when I’m in San Diego and she’s in San Francisco, we should take tours of our crushes… we then realized that hm, how funny – for her, we’d have to visit all the local gyms and yoga studios…. While for me, on the other hand, we’d have to visit all the local bars and restaurants. This says a lot, trust me.

Now, onto my latest crush… The Brother (I really hope no one takes offense to his nickname – I just love being un-pc)… last week I was talkin’ all this shit about how I was going to ask him out… now, I just feel lame… like I’m some desperate girl who needs a date or something. I’m just so goddamn impatient… I mean if he indeed is the one that likes me, cool, I think he’s adorable and he keeps good company… then why the fuck shouldn’t we just see if we get along? Things are always so fucking difficult… or perhaps I just make them that way. Well, anyhow, end point being, I’m layin’ low – not going in to the restaurant a psychotic number of times. Fuck it. I’m just gonna’ kick it with my lesbian hair!

3 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patience is a virtue.
Good things come to those who wait.
Your Wise Friend,
Lindsey
P.S. Or just ask him out! You're a hot confident chick and should act on it :)

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

This is what I think. Before you knew that this guy was crushin' on you...you thought he was cute, but that's it. NOW, you know for sure that he's crushing on you and you know that he knows that you're into him so you're all impatient b/c what the hell is taking the brotha so long to ask you out if he has the green light, right? I say you just lay low. Just go about everything like you normally would. If he's crushin' so hard on you like it sounds....then the motha' fucka' should get some big ol' balls and ask you out. Does any of this make sense?

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I see it you do have two choices - be patient or ask him out - like Linz said. If you chose patience, then you really have to chose it. Don't just pretend and then let it eat you up inside. Or if you want to not wait around, just casually mention that you're going to so and so bar on friday night and that he should come - or something like that? Make your choice lady ;)!!
And aren't sisters the best? They really do know us the way no one else does because they've seen all the good and all the bad/weird/crazy things we've done over the years. Yay for sisters - blood or through crazy rituals and ceremonies ;)!!
xo,
Lynz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home