Friday, June 03, 2005

Who Me?!?! "Yeah You"

When I consider love from afar, I never expect that someone may be loving me from afar. Last week, at a restaurant next door that my co-workers and I frequent, I got up to go to the restroom. In my absence, a waitress that we’ve come to chat with from time to time asked my 2 friends at the table if I was single.

When they said yes, she grinned, “oh great, my co-worker has been in love with her forever.”

They naturally asked, “well, who is it?”

“He’d kill me if I said anything… and don’t say a word to her!”

Haha, yeah, right… the second I got back they told me, and we immediately perused the room for possible candidates. This didn’t take too long as most were women or gay men. There is one that particularly stood out… I had always thought he had a cute lil’ style… he has a shaved head, goatee, funky black rimmed glasses, and he’s a nice shade of black.

He was our waiter that day… and if you’re in love with some chick, bring on the small talk… but no small talk with him. Just business, “I’m sorry did you want potato salad with that?”

After we left, I started piecing a few things together… suddenly I realized why the girl had come to the take-out line and asked me why I wasn’t dining in… that I should dine in more often. I remember thinking that was a bit odd… but now I know the motive… I also remember, let’s call him “The Brother” (to be PC and all, yeah right… don’t knock it, I love me some brotha’s) looking over the counter with some other waitress – I thought they were looking behind me – picture last scene of sixteen candles when Molly Ringwald looks behind both shoulders and mouths, “me?” Now I think, hey, maybe they were looking at me. Weird.

Anyway, yesterday I went with another friend. He came up to our table and finally made conversation. He said he liked my hair, yeay! Then he brought over some flyers for his band’s next performance, which in this small world, is headlining a show whose opener is the band DV manages (a band of all his best friends). Hmm, how nice would it be to go and tell DV I’m there for the headliners and hangin’ w/ the base player. Hahaha!

Throughout the meal, we joked a bit here and there. When we got our bill, he hadn’t charged for any of the drinks… think he’s my secret admirer??? As we walked out the door, I went up to the waitress and asked if The Brother was single. She said yes with a huge grin on her face.

I guess we’ll see if anything happens. The show’s in Berkeley a couple weekends from now. It’s a bit of trek, so I may not go unless I know I’ll get to kick it w/ The Brother after the show… I’ll keep y’all updated. Right now, I’m enjoying this bit of mystery and flattery!

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

that is so exciting! bands rock - as do free drinks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home