Monday, October 10, 2005

"While Everyday My Confusion Grows" - New Order

I wish there were AA for relationships…. Some sort of support group where you can quit relationships altogether…. A 12 step program that helps us quell any desire for concupiscent love. A castration of sorts. I wonder what life would be like without such a desire. To have no bizarre love triangles. To have no need for physical touch with another human being. To have a support group of others trying to quit. Because the need for erotic and emotional fulfillment from another individual is much too binding. It’s this addiction. People are always writing songs about it… making movies… writing poems… it’s this universal obsession.

I wish I could find the cure. I wish I could rid myself of this fierce hunger. The things people could do. Endless possibilities. Without those ties that bind us. We could procreate in test tubes. We’d still have love for friends, but a platonic love… platonic love is sensible. Romantic love is like alcohol. When we feel romantically for someone, we act unreasonable. We do foolish things. Our heads aren’t clear. We haven’t the prudence one needs for the path in which we’re headed.

Nothing is simple. These silly feelings for The Brother. I don’t know where they’re going. And then the idea of another? Rid me of this disease.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home