Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I Have Only One Bag, Thank You

Insomnia. Torture. From this I’ve suffered for the past 3 nights. I thought my mind would be at peace after the whirlwind of March. Not the case. Not quite yet.

Thursday night. Midge’s going away party. At Cheers. I played Stressed Hostess for half the evening, when unexpected guests appeared… and not enough cancellations. Nonetheless, I was able to decompress as people came and went. I made my toast. I don’t think many people understood where it came from.

“Here’s to living out of one suitcase.”

Midge only took one suitcase to New York. That’s respectable. Very respectable. We all weigh ourselves down with too much. Physically and mentally. We don’t make moves like he made. We just keep doing the same thing. The easy thing. With all of our “things.”

There was no crying in front of Obsession. In fact, he sort of rubbed me the wrong way. Nothing I can put to words, but just vibes. Weird vibes. There was no crying in front of anyone. For me, February 28th was the most difficult day. His last day of sitting behind me for 8 hours. His last day of 5 breakfasts and lunches every week. That was a hard day.

At the end of the night 5 of us were left standing. And we began our night. Dancing to Madonna at the Beauty Bar… hopping in a cab to the Cat Club. More Dancing. Miss Powerhouse Curious came out to play. She’s basically a Rockstar. It was a party. Not a sad sentimental affair. But a party to wish him the best.

And that was that.

And some other friends picked up where he left off. Getting me drunk and high Friday night seeing our friend’s band. Getting me drunk and high Saturday afternoon. Toasting to FUN.

Crashing on Sunday.

No sleep since.

Mind never stops spinning.

I hate my mind.

Sometimes.

I just want to keep toasting to FUN.

NO Wasted Life.

Work on one suitcase.

Philosophies By Which To Live:

Who Cares?
That Never Happened.
It Is What It Is.

AND A HUGE SHOUT OUT TO MY FRIENDS' AMAZING SUPPORT - LA SASSY, SPECIAL THANKS!

SEE PHOTO BELOW (from left to right: weekend drunk cohort Ms. K, Miss Curious, & old co-worker)


Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger chicajato said...

add me to the list of people that will get you drunk...not sure about high though:)

I am sad for you that your BFF is moving away. Midge is awesome - and now you can go visit him and be jealous of his new life in BY...I mean, make him feel guilty for leaving you..or something!

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you're sad - you're gonna have to pop a sleeping pill or something and take a day off. It won't help, but it will get you some rest. And btw, the guy on the right looks eerily like T-Starr's husband... C in FL.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger MissCurious said...

my chin looks funny in that photo... let's just say i fucked it when i resized el photo.

 
At 10:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE your hair in the photo on the blog...v. sexy :)

Love and miss you,
Anye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home