Friday, June 10, 2005

A Lot Can Happen In a Day

“Look, I’m just going to lay it all out on the table. I’ve had a huge crush on you for two years. My co-workers are sick of hearing me go on and on about you. When I take your order, all I can think about is how badly I want to talk to you. When I heard you asked about me, I walked around like a giddy school-boy. Over the last weekend, all I could think about was you – the possibility of you…. BUT…… I have a girlfriend. We’ve been dating for around four to five months. I’m not in love with her nor is she in love with me. Things with her haven’t been that bad, but they haven’t been that great either. She’s going to the east coast for the summer, and so she and I have come to a cross-roads…. Especially now that I know my fantasy of you could perhaps become something more. I know that I don’t really know you, but I’ve seen you come into the restaurant for over two years, long before I even met this girl… I have wanted a chance with you, and I’d like to start by becoming friends.” - The Brother

“Friends? Well, I’m attracted to you, and you’re attracted to me… but neither of us knows the other… knows if taking this chance will be all for naught… and perhaps you’ll have regrets about your current girlfriend…. You need to figure out what’s going on with that before you and I even address this.”

I couldn’t believe The Brother’s candidness… the only other person I’ve known to be so frank, is well… me. Hahaha.

“I have to go band practice, but will you call me later?” He finishes.

I couldn’t stop thinking about him all evening… on my run – at the movies…. His words like caffeine, jolting me awake and making me edgy.

11:30 pm rolls around…

“Come over right now… I think we should just talk face to face… nothing will happen aside from some conversation to see if this is something we’d ever want to pursue further…. I’ll give you a crash course on Miss Curious… perhaps your ideas of me will come crashing down… and I’ll see if I even want to get to know you better.”

“I’ll be right over.” The Brother eagerly replies.

Mounds of pillows between us, our conversation flowed over 3 and half hours. The only things I didn’t about him… he doesn’t drink or smoke (what kind of person does this make me?!?! Hahaha)…. But actually he’s 36, and he’s focused, and he doesn’t want to be out partying every night anymore, but he has no problem with anyone who might want to… and that’s cool with me. And he made me laugh… a ton… he does these goofy little voices… he’s passionate about so many things, but not to where he can’t make fun of himself… a ton. Here I started, relatively attracted to this guy, and with every word, thinking he was the most beautiful man alive…. And with a girlfriend, fuck fuck fuck… but nothing’s easy right?

At the end of the night, we embraced…. It wasn’t a hug… it was definitely an embrace. And with this embrace, I felt everything a woman could feel from a first kiss or first fuck… it was electric. Moments later we were interrupted, talked for another few minutes, and he asked if I would hug him again… and I knew he felt the same thing… but fuck he has a girlfriend. We said our good-byes, I told him I’d drop by the next day to say hi at work (that would be today).

Friday at the restaurant:

“Were you able to sleep last night?” I mumbled desperately trying to mask my elation.

“Not at all… all I could think about was you… and what I need to do.”

“Oh perfect, I’m glad I was able to scare you off, so you could move on with your life,” I sarcastically replied.

“Yeah right…. So when can I see you again?”

“That’s a tough question to ask… when I want to see you and when I should see you are two totally different things. And fuck, I haven’t been able to stop thinking about you. Wow.” I answered realizing how difficult this was beginning to get for me.

His girlfriend leaves for the summer next Thursday. Before then, they’re going to have another serious conversation… and I’ll know what my fate is going to be. Fuck!

Same day (yesterday, Thursday the 9th)… I received this email out of the blue from DV… he mentions that he’d like to get together over the weekend for brunch… something not at 3am when I typically make my drunk dials… he wants to catch-up… Hm… this should be interesting... this will be the first time we actually hang out other than one drunk NIN night since he dumped my sour ass in January. Weird.

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

WTF?!?!?! I can't believe brotha-man has a gf?! WTF? AND he's 36?! Not that there's anything wrong with that. This predicament, sticky situation you are in is just crazy. Crazy I say.

Oh, and good luck having brunch with DV. I'm sure you're going to have to fight the urge to end it on a high note (i.e. clothes rumpled on the floor and he in your bed).

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

:O

 
At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHOA! I wish I saw this before I left you that VM yesterday...

I'll call again soon!

-A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home