Monday, October 24, 2005

The Break-Up Dinner

I had the Tortellini. He had the steak. On the car ride over, he touched my knee a few times, out of habit. Our conversation started out really well. We discussed our weeks – our weekends. Then the conversation turned to “what went wrong?” I felt like I needed to get certain things off my chest. I felt like he didn’t see any fault of his own. The reason things ended is that I just couldn’t “hang” with his musician lifestyle. But puhleeaaaze, what woman really wants to always be put 2nd and to never have sex (which he claims is a result of music being 1st ) and to plan her schedule around his and to feel like anything that’s going on in her life just isn’t as important as his music? I mean, who wants that? He just didn’t see this – doesn’t see this. I ask, okay, if this is our “Break-up Dinner,” then let me learn where I faulted in this.

I asked him, “what did I do wrong?” hahaha… he said I was needy… no guy has ever told me I was Needy before. Maybe I am. Maybe I’m needy to want to fuck or to make plans or to be taken out on a date more than once in 4 months. Fine, whatever. So then, Brother, “what compromises did you make in this relationship?” No answer. Yeah, well whatever.

Oh, about ¾ of the way into dinner, both of us were regretting having gone out. He was probably thinking I should pay half of the bill suddenly… and I was thinking, no way in hell will I be paying for half the bill, hahaha!

The walk to the car was silent. Once in, I finally said, “look, let me come check out your new place. These break-up feelings are still fresh in the mind. I needed to get these things off my chest and hoped we could talk about them as adults. Let’s have this be the last time we discuss these things. Let’s now talk about all the things we do like about one another and did like in our short but sweet relationship.”

I checked out his new digs, and we kept the rest of the conversation positive. In the end, we both agreed that dinner was a great idea…. That we can go watch stupid blockbusters every now and then… so that was that.

3 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

At least you ended it positive. That's always a good thing. So was breaking up. No woman should be 2nd to anything. And I just can't believe he only took you out on a date once in 4mos. That ain't needy!! He's crazy!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger chicajato said...

sorry but that made me laugh. you are SOOO needy missy:P

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger jen said...

This guy doesn't deserve you. 4 mos. and one date? Hell no, esp. when you should have been in the romantic, courting stage of the relationship.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home