Thursday, April 27, 2006

It Still Stings

There’s nothing better than a night where you have no expectations and it turns out to be a wealth of entertainment.

Last night, I was invited to be the wing-woman for my friend Red Hot Thighs. She brought a friend, and he brought a friend. The friend and I assumed the Wing-Person positions and chatted off in the corner. Since things are never easy, Red Hot Thighs much preferred the wing-man to the actual guy with whom she was set-up.

What’s interesting to Miss Curious:

Being attracted to the guy you’re dating / the guy you’ve been set up with’s friend. Could Red Hot Thighs potentially make a move for Wing-Man? Her friends were going to set her up with Wing-Man or the Actual Guy. In her mind, she just got the wrong guy. (Please note: she and the Actual Guy have met a few times before and had email correspondence. Last night was not the first night for them.) I know I’ve been in a situation where I got along better with a boyfriend’s best friend, than I did with him.

Needless to say, Red Hot Thighs was eager to get outta’ there, but she didn’t want the night to end. So, where do we head? Cheers.

And who’s there? Obsession.

All you can drink for $8… dessert included (dessert is not a euphemism in this case).

And he always watches my drink. I’m mid-last sip and he already has a new Mojito made up for me.

He gives me a hug good-bye… he asks me about my Black Rebel shirt… asks if I went to their show at the Fillmore. We have a quick conversation about music. He knew a thing or two. And it hurts even more.

And why doesn’t he like me back? He liked me enough once to suck my tits and tell me he loved my body.

Close the door Miss Curious. Again.

5 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

Wait - I don't get it ... why do we think he doesn't like you?

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

he doesn't like me because we hooked up... i told him to call me, and he never did. and about a year ago i said, "obsession, how come you're not in love with me yet?"

Obsession, grinning ear to ear, "we have to spend more time together." He walked over to the counter writes down his telephone number and tells me to call him.

Please note: i did NOT ask him for his number... i was more playful about the whole thing... he took that initiative.

About a week later, i called him... and NEVER got a call back. and that was that.

why the fuck give me your number then? ESPECIALLY if i didn't even ask for it... i didn't even say, "let's hang out then..." nothing of the sort.....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrr.

yet still... everytime i go in he does these little things that hurt my heart...

i just have to remember that he's merely a fantasy. that's all.

and i'm just bored.

looking for someone to obsess about! hahaha!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

well, obsession seems a worthy name then. i had this friend who refused to accept any man's phone number, no matter the circumstances. she would say - nope, i'll give you my number. then she would know if they were really interested if they put in the effort to call. at first i thought it was dumb, but then i started doing it and it's a whole new world! gone are the days of waiting for a 'callback' and then being dissappointed and feeling dumb and rejected for obsessing. you should try that.

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

kellyd -- instead of waiting for the "call back" i wait for the "call"... either way i'm fucked... it all just sucks my ass..................... bleh.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

lame lame lame. he is lame.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home