Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Truth About Now

Let’s wrap up the love-talk here… upon learning that one of my favorite couples was getting a divorce, I was obviously hit very hard. Despite the intensity of my last two posts, I actually don’t think about having a significant other very often these days. Those posts were more about – shit, does true love exist at all? And how disheartening if it doesn’t because I want to, and I sorta’ do, believe in it. If there isn’t such a thing, at the end of my life, I would be very disappointed.

The here and now… I really couldn’t be bothered with a boyfriend. Frankly, I just don’t feel like putting in any effort whatsoever. Selfish. I’m quite content with how things are going, and the thought of waiting by the phone for some dude to call isn’t very appealing… and I really mean this. This is the truth about right now.

Time to move on.

Last night was my first night with the new roommie, BFF (best friend forever). BFF, BFF’s ex-BF (boyfriend), and I all decided to celebrate the new home. We got high, drank whiskey and cheap wine, and came up with a solid new philosophy on life (yes, profound stoned conversations):


“Let the good times roll…”

1 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let the good times roll indeed.
simple and brilliant.
i love my new home. and roomie.
so much.
....bff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home