Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Boo Fucking Hoo!

There's nothing like a good cold to make you feel completely alone in the world. There you are covers to your nose, a pile of kleenex at your side, and the absence of mommy and daddy all too present. Will I be 75 still missing mommy and daddy all red-nosed and coughing, ringing my lil' bell for more soup? Does that feeling ever go away? As soon as we leave the nest, we have to take care of our own lil' sickness. How miserable is that?

So I started calling my sisters, my friends... "oh what, huh, you're at work? oh, um, yeah, I'm fine... you know, just calling to say hi!" And then, I hang up the phone and twiddle my thumbs, cough some more, do my miserable lil' zombie-walk to the bathroom, glance at the pathetic look on my face, sniffle, sniffle. Boo-hoo. It's like in the movie Garden State... Zach Braff addresses our ideas of "home"... like what feels like home anymore? Now that we're older, we hop around from place to place... and we get sick... and nothing's quite the same as it was when we lived with our parents... when we lived in the place where we grew up... do we ever get that feeling of "home" back? He suggests we do... when we start our own family... and you better believe my kids will stay home from school whenever mommy April is sicky... hahaha.... I'll be putting those bratts to work! It'll sure beat alone on Cole Street :(... could I wallow in the quagmire of my own self-pity anymore???

1 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you feeling any better today?
Linz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home