Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Are All Endings Drawn Out Like This?

I already deleted his number from my phone. This ritual is imperative for a true break-up, particularly when it comes to Miss Curious… I mean you’ve all read stories of the “Opprobrious Drunk Dial.” (Interestingly enough the inspiration for my blog - yes, my very first post http://lilmisscurious.blogspot.com/2005_02_01_lilmisscurious_archive.html you'll most likely have to cut and paste the url) The frequency of such calls does not dissipate with age. Because of this, the ex-BF's number must be eradicated.

So, last night when a number popped up on my cell phone, The Brother’s name didn’t appear, and my idiocy didn’t recognize the number (honestly).

With the uncertain awkward grimace pasted on my face, I flipped open my phone, “Hello,” I asked with a question mark.

“Hey Miss Curious, I know you probably don’t want to talk to me, but there are just a few things I want to say, so you aren’t left with my actions of the other night lingering in your head.”

“Okay.”

“Well, again, I want to sincerely apologize for the other night. Maybe I unconsciously needed to push you away. But whatever the reason, I shouldn’t have done that. I’ve been beating myself up all day. I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry that we’re over. I’m so sorry that we’re not going to be buddies anymore or at least for while. I care about you. We had a lot of great times, and I don’t want you to be left with my thoughtless actions of the other night.”

I of course had to get my jabs in and tell him how disappointed I was in him…. how hurt I was… what a fool he had made of me. But then, something needed to happen. Something needed to make us truly close that door. I needed and need to be angry with him… it makes all of this much easier.

I continued melancholy in tone, “Look, I’m not going to encompass our entire relationship / friendship upon the actions of one night. Yes, it hurt and yes, I felt so completely foolish, but maybe this is good thing… for now. And I don’t think it’s wise for us to speak for a while. That needs to happen. I think you’re an amazing man who, like everyone – like me, can make mistakes, and I’ll look fondly upon our time together. I’ll call you sometime.”

3 Comments:

At 9:30 AM, Blogger chicajato said...

funny that you answered the phone! sometimes it is good to keep the number so when they call you know to ignore! sorry the talk had to happen but you were a big girl!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger jen said...

Sounds like you handled it really well. Ha- I have totally deleted numbers from my phone in the past but it's harder to delete them from my head...and then I end up drunk dialing THE WRONG PERSON whilst trying to figure out the correct number.

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger MissCurious said...

J-DO... funny you should mention the wrong number thing... i've definitely looked at my call log from the night before and seen every variation of the guy's number except for his.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home