Thursday, July 06, 2006

Get It Together Curious!

Yesterday I received an email from 5th Paragraph that started with a, “I regret to inform you.” My initial thought, “oh fuck, I’m getting let down after one date!?!?!”

Luckily that was not the case… that sentence continued in a clear jocular manner. In fact, the email seemed to go on for miles with an abundance of humor… AND there were even his weekend road trip photos attached. Serious Business.

He extended an invite to a show this evening at the Independent… some underground hip-hop, which actually sounds kinda’ cool. I told him I’d call him last night to let him know when my dinner plans could potentially wrap-up.

Soooo, before I even get the chance to call him, he called me… yeay! I will be meeting up with him tonight – and not just him – HIS BROTHER, HIS SISTER, AND 2 FRIENDS.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!??!!?

I mentioned, “wow, sure you want me to meet everyone?” (um, we've been out ONCE! and have had only one really long phone converation)

He replies, “yeah, it’s no biggie… if we’re going to hang out, you’re definitely going to have to get along with all of them.”

I, of course, go all Miss Curious style, wide-eyed on the other side of the phone… thinking fuck… what… presumptuous? Too soon? Ah, nervous. I hardly know him, and I have to go charm some people during live music? I don't know him well enough to know if I even want to put on the Curious Charm... Shit. What?!!? And he's all nonchalant, and I'm all ridiculous. Guess I better get it together.

How in the world is tonight going to go?!?!?

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will go swimmingly. Though I have never met you in person, I doubt that you have to work hard to be charming. In fact, I bet you are generally on charming autopilot and have to turn it off when you want to relax.

Enjoy... try to be in the moment. It's what I am working on ... I recommend it, though it is fairly difficult for those of us who need to be in control at all times. :)

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

ANONYMOUS - your articulation is impressive... i assume you've commented before as it's in the same vein... i appreciate the compliment and encouragement.

i am, however, rather surprised that i come across as somewhat charming on this blog... the only trait i imagined portraying was neurosis, so it's nice to hear that something on the positive side peaks through :).

i'll update tomorrow w/ how the night went!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

OMG!!! Wow!! Don't worry, you'll woo them all just fine. Have fun!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home