Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Miss Curious Has a Date!!!

5th Paragraph and I spoke on the phone last night for about 2 hours. He’s basically fucking awesome and waaaaaaaaaay more intelligent than I am. As much as I want to rave about him, I completely understand that the phone and email are no match for the chemistry of two individuals face to face.

And plus, Craigslist!?!?! I did get to weed (pun not intended) him out of 50 responses, but I still don’t have much faith in online dating or online whatever I was doing when I was so fucking stoned to think straight.

We’ve decided to grab a drink on Thursday night. I would certainly use the word “excited” to describe how I feel about the “date,” but again, I have to remind myself that all too often things end as quickly as they begin. I don’t mean to sound so pessimistic, but why pretend that I’m not?!!? Hahahaha!

It’s all a wait and see… and Miss Curious is going to try her hardest to practice patience… to act somewhat maturely… to try and apply lessons learned and not throw them out the window with any first emotional response I may have.

So yes, we shall see.

GreenEyes - I didn't mention this last night because i hadn't spoken to him yet and didn't know what to expect... and i'm unfortunately not super optimistic about the whole online thing - although, this online thing was a little less conventional - as the desired outcome wasn't thoroughly considered upon execution... AND, there are times with friends where other conversations are much more important than the "what if's" of potential online dates.

Should this Thursday date be a successful one, it will certainly be a hot topic for us to discuss further :)!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the unconventionality of the situation is a good omen!

And if it doesn't work out, you didn't have any expectations.

So... win/win as far as I can see.

You are an inspiration.

HAVE FUN!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

I agree with green eyes and anonymous! Just be yo'self, have fun, and don't forget to give us allll the details afterwards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home