Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Human Extinction, Who Really Gives a Fuck?

Post Bad Break-Up Wrap Up:

The final emails exchanged were constructive and conclusive. Meeting face to face would serve no real purpose other than truly catching up on the last 2 years. I suppose I didn’t really know what I expected… I suppose I always knew we wouldn’t become good friends again… I think I just wanted to check-in… for things to just be cool and to say ‘hey.’ But, he doesn’t seem to hate me, and he’s doing well… and that’s the end of it. On to something new!

And that’s too true. At the core of every ridiculous, unconventional thing I do, is boredom. I’m just fucking bored as shit and looking to get myself into trouble… looking for something to complain about, worry about, talk about… blah blah blah… so fine, this world isn’t Miss Curious-Centric, and I have to stop thinking about what a piece of dust I am.

With no events on the horizon and the swift death of the Bad Break-Up communication, I’ve moved onto more existential thoughts… it’s these thoughts that I try to prevent by getting worked up about meowing cats or drunk shopping… With that said, the following is aimless, depressing and boring… enjoy:

My latest obsession has been extinction of the human race. It almost without doubt will happen.

On Sunday, I decided to feed my obsession by checking out the documentary An Inconvenient Truth. For those of you who haven’t heard of it, it’s about Al Gore trying to get the message out about Global Warming. Yes, since the Industrial Revolution (and even before then with advanced farming techniques), humans have been warming our shit up… and we’re swiftly approaching an atrocious climate change. Such a change could fuck our world up until we find ourselves reaching the same fate of the dinosaurs and the preludes to them.

What most people don’t know is that the extinction of the dinosaurs is not the only one of its kind. There have been several mass extinctions throughout history. Many of the causes are unknown.

Could we be the only living creatures to seriously expedite our extinction? Al Gore provides all these hopeful solutions for Global Warming, but the reality is, we’re gonna get fucked no matter what… nowhere did he mention infanticide, which is necessary in conjunction with all of these recycling, alternate sources of energy, blah blah blah practices. The population is going to put us over the edge.

Why must the human race continue? Would it be so awful if we didn’t? Would it be the end of the world? Probably not. The fauna always seems to survive. Just because we have useless consciousness does that mean we must survive?

It’s all so intriguing to me… it’s intriguing that I have so much self-importance, when really I’m NADA… and that’s actually kinda’ cool… kinda’ humbling. It’s this consciousness bit that humans have which really fuck us. Bleh.

Well shit, I could RAMBLE on and on about the history of mankind and/or living creatures, but I don't mean to bore you all more than I already have.

This statement can be applied any which way you like… it’s more than applicable to me!

The worst pain a man can suffer: to have insight into much and power over nothing.

- Herodotus (the disputed Father of History)

3 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who really gives a fuck about your blog anymore? Borrrrrring...

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

Wow anonymous, that was fucking rude! Way to step up the level of intellectual discourse, buddy! Anyways *I* luv ya MissC - and also, re: the whole human extinction thing, I agree that it's inevitable, I just don't want to be around when it happens! Ugh, there's a downer thought for Monday morning!!!

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger jen said...

Yikes. Anonymous, your life must be incredibly boring (much, much more so than MC's) to post a comment like that.

MC- I still give a fuck about your blog! It's amazing you have loyal readers beyond our little circle, even assholes like this guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home