Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bad Break-Up's Response

(I almost hate to post this personal correspondence, but I can't compromise my dedication to this blog... here are just a few excerpts from his email... the italics are not my responses to him, but just my thoughts to a few things he said... his response was very long... and very appreciated. This has always been such a black mark in my past, and I'm glad to face it instead of ignore it... My email response to him will be posted Tuesday... I will be out of town.)

Delighted as I am to hear from you, I do wonder as to why you have chosen to write me. What events have you experienced in your past relationships that would have you question your role in our past relationship? You have both the talent and vice for revisiting past wounds and attempting to analyze them or attempt to perceive them in a different light in order to make peace with them and yourself.

- and vice is right… he’s so right about this.

When we were speaking to each other long after we broke up, I maintained that you would sadistically steer the conversation toward the negative aspects of our relationship in order to bombard me with the ways in which I erred with you. While your accusations were spot on, I found myself feeling as if I was being charged again and again for the same crimes. I made drastic mistakes in our relationship and was sorry that you had to suffer for my shortcomings.

- yes yes yes – I am so sadistic in that sense… at that time, I was just so close to those emotions… I wasn’t ready to let it go… and wow, I never knew he actually heard me… I never knew that he was taking some responsibility for our failure… he was always the silent thoughtful type… who, in his silence, made me feel as though he saw no fault on his behalf

I need you to reassure me that any future correspondence will be done so in a manner by which I might be an asset to your day/life; nothing positive can come from us speaking in depth of our past together. I cannot revise this time in our life nor erase any hurt I caused. While you weren’t the only one who suffered when we were together, our suffering stemmed from the same source (that would be me). I have never forgotten this and continually remind myself of how one should not behave in a relationship of any sort.

- again, a huge WOW, I cannot believe he’s taking so much responsibility for the dissolution of our relationship… he’s definitely taking way more than he needs to… well, I don’t even know if it’s a matter of responsibility… relationships are haphazard… we both did the best we could.

With that said, let us see where future communication takes us. Weve undergone many emotional states in our involvements with each other, however as mentioned before: This too shall pass. Heres to the potential for an upswing,

Bad Break-Up

- This too shall pass was a sign I had above my door… it was a sign that KriKri actually made me years ago… after I moved out, he visited my new place… I saw the sign, and we discussed its implications… but at that point, this had not passed. I do believe that it now has.


LOOK FORWARD TO NEXT WEEK'S BLOGGING... IT WILL BE BOTH MY RESPONSE TO BAD BREAK-UP AS WELL AS THE JUICY DETAILS OF THIS WEEKEND'S SORORITY TRIP TO VEGAS - OH SHIT!!! WILL THERE BE LOST PANTS AND HOSPITAL VISITS FOR ALCOHOL POISONING?!?!? PLEASE NOTE: NEITHER OF THOSE OCCURENCES WERE MY OWN TRAGEDIES... THAT TIME)

9 Comments:

At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Given that the ladies responsible for those incidents will not be attending (you know I love you guys, KriKri and JDo!), we'll have to cook up some good tales of our own :)
SO interested in the e-mail, must discuss more in Vegas-town.
Linz

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

Yeah SERIOUSLY MissC, I'm not gonna be there to fall over couches and regale you with stories of Poker Champs and guys named "Lou" - you gotta make yer OWN fun this time!!!! So step it up! ;)

On a completely different note - wow, This Too Shall Pass, I never could have known that summer how my little sign would stay with you through the years! I use it as a coping mechanism too - if I'm sad or depressed or whatever I just imagine how one day I'll look back and laugh, or think "that wasn't so bad afterall" or maybe I will have forgotten what I was so upset about in the first place! It really has helped me see the "big picture," as I know how easy it is for me to dwell and stew and wallow in whatever sadness/frustration/whatever I'm currently experiencing.
Where was I during the whole you and Bad Breakup thing? I think I hung out with you two like once, and I only remember hearing snippets of stories waaay after it was over. It sounds fucking hairy though, I hope that whatever lines of communication have been opened end up being for the best.

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... no matter where it goes from here, it has to be better than either of you spending any more time feeling guilty or regretting past acts. Though it is important to own our behavior, it is not necessary to carry grudges or punish ourselves for past mistakes. Even when you don't feel it, you have learned from those times.

I just wrote an ex a note I had hoped would help to bring us closure and it turned out to be a message in a bottle. Not only has he not responded, he won't. It is very painful for me to think that we will never get to a place where we can each own our past acts and move forward positively, separately as together is not possible.

It's an endless aching pain that now I have to figure out how to get over alone. Suggestions welcome.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

ANONYMOUS - great comment... well said... hmm... i've written this comment to you a million times, but i realize that i just don't know what exactly to say. I suppose all i can really say is -

This Too Shall Pass

 
At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ms. MC,

Well holy hot damn! How bout that? I'm stoked that you got a response. you totally deserved one!

Have fun in Vegas girls!!!!

Now remember...
1) always double down on 11
2) always spilt 8's,
3) never hit on a hard 17 (hard = no aces),
4) when the dealer is showing a 4, 5 and especially a 6 - assume you're gonna win and play "safe" and/or go for max money. This means: double down on 8, soft 16,17 etc. if you can "bust" on the next card DONT - so if you have a 12 you stand.

kapish?

From what I've youre all craps fans so my advice may be useless. LoL

have fun

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger kellyd said...

Here's a question to throw out there - do any of you people obsess over exes when you are in relationships with other people? Or only when you're single? I know I only obsess over it when I'm single....

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

Only when I'm single. For a while I had "fallback boy" aka English Steve. Anytime I wasn't seeing anyone, I would start thinking about him and our semi-messed up relationship, and wishing it would somehow work out. He lives in England, so it's easy for me to go back to thinking about him and obsessing and romanticizing from afar. Also we didn't have a bad breakup, but things were definitely said, and he's pretty much the king of mixed messages. The thing about him is he is and always will be a great friend, but it cannot be more than that - as soon as I want anything more from him (esp. sexually) it all goes to hell.
These days, however, we are just friends, and it's so great. I just got a nice email from him today, in fact!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger MissCurious said...

yeah, i definitely think more about exes when i'm single, of course... however, i have The Brother to suit whatever ex-sex or ex-attention i need right now... hahhaha... Bad Break-Up is in a relationship, so it's nothing like that... it really is a lot of things... yeah, i have the time when i'm single to have my mind free to think about myself, my past, etc - when i'm not single, i am consumed by thoughts on my current relationship, so i don't reflect much on who i am, blah blah blah... when LaSassy and i did Bay to Breakers last sunday, i started thinking about him (he's a semi-pro runner), and i got nervous thinking that i may bump into him that day... and i didn't want to... i was so embarrassed as to how things ended... i realized then that i didn't want to walk around freaking out that one day i might bump into him - that i should walk through my life without shame... and i felt a lot of shame with how i handled our relationship.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger jen said...

oh, shit, i forgot about the lost pants! yikes!

looking forward to hearing the stories from this year!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home