Thursday, May 18, 2006

Typical Situation

The Brother and I had a long talk last night. I went to the bathroom twice. I took a phone call. Called him back. He took a phone call. Called me back. I put away all my laundry.

His girlfriend broke up with him for a girl. He always knew she was still uncertain about her sexuality, but he rolled with it anyway. He never seemed that into her. And the break-up hadn’t come as a surprise.

Since technically, she broke-up with him, his ego was slightly hurt, but what seems to happen more often than not, the dumper calls back a couple days later and says she’s made a mistake, and she wants to get back together. The power then shifts, and the dumpee feels redeemed because now he can say, “sorry you’ve got too much to figure out. We’re simply at different points in our lives. Bah-bye.”

We all need that redemption.

He tells me he got a new DVD player and wonders if I’d like to go over soon to watch something… a movie? He then throws in thee, “don’t try and make out with me though,” flirtatious comment.

Since I’m super mature, I sing, “The Brother wants to make-out with me, The Brother wants to make-out with me!!!”

And it’s true. He does.

And sometimes I want to. Sometimes I don’t.

It’s a wait and see.

After we hung up, I started thinking about the implications of us hooking-up. I know it’s all too common for exes to continuously hook-up if they’re both single. It’s just easy. But things will always get a little complicated. Expectations of the other person emerge.

And then I started thinking about why our relationship ended. It ended because I just didn’t have “more than friends” feelings for him anymore.

The Brother is PERFECT on paper. We have so much in common. Our daily habits are so similar. Our temperaments the same too. BUT BUT BUT, there’s just that little extra something that was always missing. It’s not something one can quite put her finger on… and we certainly try to… we certainly try to give it tangible reasons like, “oh it’s my defense mechanism,” “oh he talks on his cell phone too much,” “his feet are too flat” or this or that. Senseless.

But really, there’s something inside of us that’s saying (again, for no concrete reason) that this person just isn’t quite right.

And so, The Brother is a great companion, and we’ll continue to be friends… but yes, there is the prospect of hooking-up… but, I do not foresee it becoming more than that.

SHOUT OUT TO LTF FOR REMEMBERING MY BOYFRIEND TRENT REZNOR'S BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY!!! OH GOD I LOVE HIM!!! LTF - FYI - MY NINE INCH NAILS PLAYLIST ON iTUNES IS CALLED "I HEART TRENT REZNOR"... very appropriate considering your comment :)

1 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

MissCurious - do not make out with him!!! It's much better to be in the position you're in now, having him maybe kinda want to make out with you while you, meanwhile, move on knowing that he is not right for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home