Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Crumbled Goat Cheese?

How did that bag of chips end up in my refrigerator?

For Miss Curious, there’s no such thing as “in between.” Apparently there’s a great multitude of people that have the ability to stop drinking when they feel drunkenness swiftly approaching. I, however, was born with no such ability. In fact, I think god fucked up with me… instead, I increase the drinking when drunkenness is approaching.

Last night I found myself back at The Transfer. Before I knew it, I was looking in my wallet wondering what had happened to all my money. I clearly drank it all. Quickly.

I then went outside and smoked 2 cigarettes. OH MY GOD. It’s been 7 months. That was bad – bad – bad. But that’s it. This might happen from time to time, and I can’t freak out. I really want those time to times to be never though. That’s the goal. Smoking kills. But most importantly, it makes you smell really badly.

Anyway, I have enough sense to find my way to the bus stop. As I’m waiting on the curb, I see Safeway. Suddenly, grocery shopping at midnight seems like a really good idea.

So I grocery shop.

Then I drunk dial, Mr. Lost His Mind Christian. I pleaded for him to call me. I’m so torn on this. He told me the man’s the head of the household. I’m just not okay with that. And he’s getting married. I just NEVER saw this shit coming. In my drunken stupor I went on and on about how much I miss(ed) him. Today I realize that if I could have him back in my life, in my life in the sense that we can drink Corona’s on the beach and laugh at everyone around us, I’d never date another man. I feel sick now.

And so this morning, I open the fridge and there are all my groceries. Still in the Safeway bags. Chips, French bread, cheddar cheese, CRUMBLED goat cheese, diet coke. The standard fare.

1 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

you're crazy and i miss hanging out with you. does that mean i'm crazy?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home