Monday, May 08, 2006

PO - OR Judgment?

How is it that Miss Curious finds herself in some of the most peculiar situations?

Friday night, tired from a long week, I made my way to Red Hot Thighs’ house for a Cinco de Mayo party (fyi – RHT I’ve known for about 15 years, and she can attest to the fact that I’ve always been insane). Anyway, she’s yet another friend participating in the mass exodus to New York. Not only do we have a long history, but she is also one of my few or maybe just one of two single friends I have left in this fucking city.

(and any of you folk with boyfriends can’t say “I’m here – I’m here” because without a doubt it’s different – the calls are fewer – the hanging out even less – it’s just how it goes – and it’s never just hanging out with your friend anymore – it’s hanging out with her and her boyfriend… oops, sorry for the rant and rave – sometimes it’s just more noticeable than others – like with Midge leaving and now Red Hot Thighs leaving – and yes, it always seems like I’m complaining about something or other – and it’s true – I AM)

Anyway, back to the story. RHT had a margarita machine, and I took full advantage. But I was soon ready to go home and pass the fuck out. I hop in a cab with a very sweet 61 gray-haired chubby old man. We start chatting.

Miss Curious with the standard cab conversation:

“How long have a been driving a cab?”

Chubby-Cabby:

“A long time now. I own this cab.”

Cab drivers like to talk… he continues:

“I didn’t always drive a cab.” (you mean you didn’t start driving right out of the womb?) “I used to live in Hawaii. Those were the good old days. I sold enough weed, so I didn’t have to have a day job.”

Miss Curious:


“That’s cool. I haven’t smoked in a couple of weeks now.”

Chubby-Cabby:

“A couple of weeks?!? No way!!!” He replies with a shocked tone in his voice, and my eyes widen thinking, was that really a long time ago?

He pulls the care over on one of San Francisco’s busiest streets.

Chubby-Cabby:

“I’m stopping the meter. I’m going to pack you a bowl right now!”

Miss Curious:

“Okay.”

So we sat on the street, hazard lights flashing, and we passed the pipe back and forth.

Chubby-Cabby:

"In about an hour, you're gonna be hungrier than fuck."

He dropped me off at home. He was right, thank god for Chex Mix. And I went to bed smile on my face and crumbs in my bed. That was a first. Smoking with a cabby.

MUSIC NEWS:

Latest guilty pleasure, Gold Lion, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs

And since I’m a bitch, I’d like to mention that I was into the Yeah Yeah Yeahs over 3 years ago… and of course, now they’re like huge, so I have to say that… and that’s why it’s a guilty pleasure.

Some other folks on Miss Curious’ horizon, that are again, mainstream: Gnarles Barkley… cool, soulful, fun music… check out, Crazy, a very rad song. Goldfrapp, totally fun music to get ready to, but I just saw the movie, Hard Candy, which is totally disturbing, and they discussed Goldfrapp in it, and now I need a minute to get over it. hahaha.

Well, that’s that.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger jen said...

You always have the weirdest stories. Who, and I mean WHO, smokes a bowl with their cab driver?

Well...Miss Curious does, I guess!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home