Monday, April 18, 2005

Just Let Me Go...

Although I had an all consuming weekend with my out of town guest, there is one issue that I can’t seem to get off my mind, something completely unrelated to her…. That issue = “going out habits.” My going out habits are rather inconsistent, I’ll admit. At times, I get fairly drunk and want to close the bar down… sometimes I like to have a drink or two and leave early… and sometimes I don’t even like to drink, and I want to leave early.

This weekend and many weekends, I experience much pressure to drink more and pressure to stay out late. I’m a 26 year old young woman, and if I don’t want to drink, I don’t want to drink… if I want to leave, I want to leave. If you make me stay out of some guilt trip, I’m not going to be good company because I’d rather be gone. I apologize if I’m not up for a late night. I’ve done many late nights in this lifetime (as you all know) and ask that my cohorts respect my wish to leave. I’m not asking you to leave… you can stay as long as you’d like… you can even leave early… in fact, friends have left hours before me… if I want to stay, I have no problem staying alone… I respect that person’s wish. I’m not saying you can’t ever say, “hey I want to eye that hot guy a lil’ longer, please stay a moment…” that’s not a problem… but getting angry at me when I want to leave, doesn’t make me a happy camper… let’s just cut the anger and the chatter amongst yourselves because someone always tells me later that things were said – Just because I decide I want to go home at early??!?!?!

And drinking… just because I don’t want to drink doesn’t mean you can’t… it also doesn’t mean I don’t want to have a good time… sometimes, I just don’t feel like drinking… there’s nothing more to be read into it… I suppose we all have a tendency to feel awkward drinking when others are not, but hey, let’s all get over it.

Don’t mean to be vicious… but I do get my feelings hurt when people put me down for not staying out late enough… get mad at me if I steal your boyfriend or hit your grandma… but leaving early? I know I’m fun (hahaha), but I can be fun earlier rather than later.

2 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's easier to be retarded when there is someone equally as retarded sitting next to you.

You make book on that Missy.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger chicajato said...

are you done whining yet?! jk!:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home