Friday, April 22, 2005

A Lil' o' Dis' - A Lil' o' Dat'

Last weekend my guest, Carine Dion, and I placed our bets. Would the apartment be above a convenient store, a Mexican food restaurant or a bar? The winner, a convenient store… and a surprise contender, a beauty salon boasting the best five-dollar haircut in town. After discovering my potential new neighbors, we forged ahead, up three flights of stairs to a rear studio, apartment number 5. “Please be cool – please be cool,” I whispered to myself, having been discouraged by so many other apartments. Carine Dion in her loudest Carine Dion voice, “oh my God, it’s perfect! I love it! Take it!” And it was that easy. Cheap haircuts and diet cokes just a staircase away… yes, welcome to my new life! I paint April 30th and move May 7th.

Weekend plans:

1. Ashton and Amanda romantic comedy tonight
2. Officially signing lease tomorrow
3. Packing
4. AND, best of all MY FIRST TORI AMOS CONCERT (even better, at a small venue here in SF my friends!)

Other thoughts:

1. Men over forty should not wear tank tops… wait, scratch that, men shouldn’t’ wear tank tops at all.
2. Men should not grow long hair unless your name is Smith, and you’re on HBO.
3. Every guy is in a band.
4. Acting aloof always gets a guy’s attention… and a girl’s.
5. Personal level... Flirting with P, isn't fun anymore... God, I'm so hard to please :).

4 Comments:

At 10:26 AM, Blogger jen said...

congrats on finding your place!

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY Apee...a new place, how exciting!

AND - DITTO on "Other thoughts" #1 and #2!

Love tons,
Anye

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

YAY for apt!~ glad that worked out so fast! And cool to see tori amos at a small venue - must have been awesome. So what happened to P?! you over it?!

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on a new living space! At least that will be off your mind come May 13th!!
As for your list, it's really scary to say that I dated someone who wore tank tops - ewwwwwwww.
I think one dirty little secret of the day is enough -
Tata for now :)
Lynz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home