Friday, April 29, 2005

Oh Yes I Did

Dehydration woke me up. And when I peeled my eyes open and stared into the darkness, I realized that I was not alone…

The line at the Warfield was saturated with misfits in black vinyl and make-up and colored hair, and I wore a schoolgirl smile about to see a boy she has a huge crush on, who literally doesn’t know she exists. 2 shots of tequila, 2 vodka crans, and 1 vodka tonic later I was in the middle of the pit with Trent Reznor a mere five feet away. I gave myself up to his insidious crowd, moved as it moved, screamed when it screamed and soaked in Trent’s lyrics, “… you can have it all… my empire of shit!”

And as the house-lights went up I beamed like a girl who’d just been fucked silly… drenched in my sweat and the crowd’s sweat… missing my new Nine Inch Nails hoodie and my green sweater… and even my shoes (note the plural on that, yes, both shoes)… some good concert-going samaritans helped me find my shoes and my green sweater… the hoodie, was sadly lost, but it was a small price to pay for an hour of heaven.

Still wasted, I hopped in a cab and headed home, but the night didn’t end there. Unfortunately, my consumption of alcohol didn’t impair my memory… just my judgment. The once deleted DV (ex-bf)’s number was remembered and dialed, and he answered, and he came over…. And we had sex, good sex.

So, when dehydration woke me in the middle of the night, I hadn’t quite remembered he was there… and for a moment, I was startled… and then calm because he was warm and sweet and through the darkness I could still trace the lines of his tattoos with the tips of my fingers. This morning we hugged good-bye… and that was that.


UPDATE ON “P”:
My suspicions were correct, he asked out the other girl in the office. She turned him down as I knew she would.

And check out this Blog:
http://metal-malisha.blogspot.com
She's my Trent Reznor competition... we both want to go where Tori's already been!

3 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger Jackie O. said...

Hahahahahah! Now the part that made me laugh was the part when you called your ex. I only thought it was funny because I could relate.

I can't believe you didn't try to get smuggled backstage or something. *sigh* Was his hair short or long-ish? Did you get any of his sweat on you? Gross! Did I just really ask that?! lol

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Krikri said...

hooray for ex-sex!!!!! :D

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

good times missy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home