Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Since When Have I Missed An Opportunity to Make Myself Look Bad?!?!

I considered not posting this because it made me look like a pathetic loser... but then I remembered why I started this blog in the first place -- I started it to put moments like these completely behind me... that I can profess my most psychotic insanely stupid moments for people to feel better knowing that there's always someone more ridiculous than they are... but really -- I knew this man was the anti-me, and shouldn't even be worth a moment of my own self-doubt -- and that's why b) from yesterday's post worked fine for me.......... soooo, here it goes, another humbling moment in the day and life of Miss Curious:

Miss Curious:

your text messaging ended abruptly the other evening, and i haven't heard from you since...... soooo, you'll have to let me know -- have you decided we're just not compatible and that's that? or something else perhaps? please don't worry about hurting my feelings... you were just suddenly gone, and i like conclusions to thingsssssss is all :) ... i hope you're feeling better than the other evening........

Jesus:

Hey there,

Well, I guess I am just not sure. Not sure about me more than anything else. I know it sounds weird. I guess I would rather be friends in the grand scheme of things. But if we can't be that that is fine too. I guess I am looking for someone who doesn't drink much if at all and someone who is athletic. I know that may sound superficial. But, I want to share being athletic with the person I am with. And that is a huge thing for me. It's basically a deal-breaker.
(By the way --- I told him before we met that I wasn't a 'work out girl' like he talked so damn much about in his profile -- I said I was a shapely female -- he said no worries)

I think you are an awesome person. Just not exactly right for me I think. I hope you understand. And I hope we can be friends. That is really what I wanted in the first place. Let me know what you think.

~m


Miss Curious:

hahaha... i think we both reached the "not compatible" conclusion, but for different reasons... when i left saturday morning, i knew we'd never be "partners"... which is something i know we both wanted (from someone)... why i continued to contact you was because i liked your couch :) ... i liked kissing you on your couch... and although i'm not typically made/wired for casual dating, the idea of having someone to be locked away with on occasion seemed appealing.... but i couldn't agree with you more -- we're very different in some very important ways -- ways that were also deal breakers for me..... and i suppose i thought we could pretend for a little while at least because there was something about you that made me feel slightly less isolated........ again, however, i knew in the back of my mind that we both have visions of someone else.

you're a very sweet man - too sweet for me ;) - and i wish you the best... i hope you find the confidence and strength in which you seek.

best,

[insert my real name]


It's just soooo classic that I knew I wouldn't want anything with him at all because he had so many qualities that already on the 2nd date annoyed the fuck out of me... but yet, here I am with the tables turned!!! Wanting what I can't have even though I 100% know this person can't even touch me (hahaha, like my arrogance?!!?)... I know I could never tell anyone that this man is "AMAZING" --- as my punk little sister, Midge, and I always quote from Dream for an Insomniac:

"Anything less than mad, passionate, extrodinary love is a waste of your time. There are too many ordinary things in life, love shouldn't be one of them."

8 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

BG - Ugh. His excuse for ditching you is a chapter from "the lame manual for lamezoids."
I mean, if you're going to use someone's 'not athletic' body for getting off - you should really let them know from the beginning. There are plenty of great women who wouldn't have issue with that. Also, how lame is it now that he cried? Clearly a ploy to get into your pants.
Loser. Next!

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK...sorry, bg, i have to say something. now, there were two, if not more, posts from females saying to go for the bone on the second date...that it's no big deal. look what happened...females, WAIT, don't give it up...and if you do and this happens, don't blame the guy b/c 9 times out of 10 this will happen...trust me, i have a penis!

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

I totally still think the s-e-x was worth it. you are not sad that you "gave it up" are you? you had a pleasurable night - you got annoyed with him immediately and knew he was not a keeper. unfortunately he stepped in with this stupid-ass reason for not wanting to see you anymore. girl his excuse was just pathetic. he is a tool but I really hope you are not regreting anything. and to your male friend commenting on your blog - of COURSE we can blame the guy for being a dick because it is not excuse that being a man should allow for dickness.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger jen said...

I think the issue here isn't the sex. You both realized you're not compatible and you're moving on. No big deal. He doesn't sound like a bad guy, to me. Although it's much more fun to hit him metaphorically with the baseball bat and talk shit about him!

 
At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, I'd never seen that quote before. that's a little haunting!
C
www.mycaleigh.com

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chicajito...if y'all have fun boning on the first or second date and don't care about not seeing the guy, then why does matter if he never talks to you again? why does he have to be a dick? also, if you know he's not going to talk to you, which is going to happen, then don't be surprised and call him a dick...it's life and that's the way it is. if you don't want him to be a dick, as you say, don't sleep with him. plain and simple...but if you do and he is, don't whine about it b/c it's to be expected. also, you don't see guys whining when females do the same...which they do.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger chicajato said...

mr anonymous - why should it just be accepted that sleeping with someone after date 1 equates they can behave in an immature manner just because that is what has been done in the past by others? I agree that if you don;t care for the guy then who gives a rats ass if he doesn;t call back or whatever - but that does not mean the dick behavior is acceptable. girls that do this to guys are beign punks too. thing is girls know when they are being dicks.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger kellyd said...

chicajito and anonymous (malenky, is that you?) ... corners, folks. you both have a point - casual sex has its risks, and this is one of them. what is lame is not that he lost interest but that he gave this stupid "you're not athletic" excuse. that's dumb. why not just say "the sex was fun, but i just don't think we're compatible." that's grown up. and by the way - men DO complain about this just as much as women. when one person rejects another, someone always feels bad and complains.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home