Friday, July 14, 2006

Brazil

The only reason I originally didn’t want to go to the show last night with 5th Paragraph was because of my folks coming this afternoon and me wanting to be in top shape for them. Then some brilliant person said, “why don’t you go out and just take it easy?”

This person clearly doesn’t know me very well. There is no “taking it easy” for Miss Curious.

As I was sitting on the toilet this morning listening to my diarrhea sound like piss, I remembered that I was supposed to “take it easy.”

Obviously, 5th Paragraph emailed me back yesterday telling me he’d just bought a ticket for me… um, too cute!!! After some Vietnamese w/ BFF and BCF, I hopped in a cab to meet him at Slim’s. He looked adorable. Gave me a hug. His arm lingered on my back. I stood there trying to repress a huge grin… trying to act chill when really I was thinking in high-pitch, “ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you’re so RAD!!!”

We drank. He told me all these details about the beat-boxer and jazz mafia bands. He knows so much. I actually stand there in awe. Fuck. Wow. His sister and her friend dropped in. We all drank more.

After the show, he came back to my place. He came prepared with his contact case and sunglasses for the next morning. Too cute.

Since I’d had a lot to drink, when I bumped into my neighbor in the elevator, I asked if I could check out his apartment. He conceded. I then told him to come over and see mine (totally responsible Miss Curious, yeah right!!!)… he joined me and 5th Paragraph for a beer and to smoke a bowl. (please note: it’s like 1 am)

The neighbor and I (let’s call him Sao Paulo because that’s where he’s from) got into this great conversation… I was just being friendly, and he was cool… and then I look over and 5th Paragraph is putting his shoes on!!! Oh my god!!! Hahahaha.

Sao Paulo and I looked at each other and knew it was time to wrap it up or 5th Paragraph was going to bolt. I walked him out. 5th Paragraph stayed.

This morning I gave him total shit about it, “were you jealous?!? You were totally putting on your shoes to leave.”

“I don’t get jealous.”

“Whatever!”

“The two of you just seemed to be hitting it off and who was I to get in the way,” he chuckled.

Personally, I thought the whole thing was totally hilarious. The – putting on the shoes – thing just fucking cracked me up… I genuinely was just stoked to be meeting my neighbor and spreading good cheer.

Anyway, next week my only 2 free days are Monday and Thursday… he has a show on Monday... i have shows on tues and wed and plans friday.... so we can maybe hang out next Thursday… I’d love to spend more time with him, but what can you do!?!? Hmmmm.

3 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

This one really weird, awful night I went out with a friend and some heinously terrible man she met on match.com and he brought along a friend "for me" - this was how he explained it (like I said: heinous, terrible). Anyway, apparently, my friend and her date thought me and this guy actually were hitting it off so they totally left him at my apartment at like 2AM. He kept telling me he 'couldn't' get home, so, I told him to sleep on the couch. Strangely, it was also one of the (many) nights my neighbor's weird friend decided to drunkenly ring our doorbell in the middle of the night, mumbling about not knowing where his hat was. He also wouldn't leave, so I said he could sleep on the other couch, and the first guy wakes up (it's now like 4 in the morning), looks at me putting my friend to bed and says "Who the fuck is this guy?!' I look at him increduously and say "Who the fuck is this guy?! Who the fuck are YOU?!" At which point he finally decided to leave ....

So you see, these misunderstandings happen, and they are quite hilarious indeed.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Ambee said...

So WHAT happened in between Sao Paolo leaving and this morning? :-)

 
At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You used to give me crap about taking my contacts case as my "sleepover bag" when I slyly wanted to crash at a boy's place, but when he does it, it's cute? Whatever!
:)
Linz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home