Monday, August 14, 2006

Bad Influence? I Think Not!

Since we can’t rewind our lives and do something over, I decide to do the same thing again, but do it differently this time. This time, I said NO TO SHOTS. Friday night, my friend K and I went to Zeitgeist. We had a few beers and started chatting with some guys who were on a road trip. They offered to buy us some… SHOTS. I said, “no thank you, I say no to shots.” They then did the whole, “c’mon just one… just one itty bitty shot.”

I smiled and held my ground.

“What kind of shot should we take?” He then asks.

Ah ha! Such palpable tactics. But I humored him nonetheless, “Tequila.”

He brought 5 shots… and I was so fucking proud of myself – not one went down my chute… I told them I thought it was hot when guys took several shots in a row. The guy I was talking to then pounded 3 shots… didn’t even breathe between them. I then changed my tune, “did I say hot? I meant fucking stupid.” Okay I didn’t say that, but I was thinking it.

Then off to the next bar… the same one LaSassy and I went to the previous Wednesday. We chatted with our friend the bartender and went home.

In the cab on the way home, I got a text message from who!?!?!?! 5th Paragraph. Where in the world did that come from?!?!

“Just broke my first tooth in a mosh pit. Be proud!”

Perhaps he accidentally texted me… if it was intentional, however, then hmm, interesting. Interesting to know that he took the time to type out those words at midnight… to me… that he felt like I’d want to know. I did feel a slight sense of vindication. That perhaps I wasn’t completely meaningless. I didn’t text back. No plans to. But it was nice to know he thought about me.

Saturday Night: Apparently I was a little too proud of myself for saying no to shots because I decided to make up for the shots with bud and wine and a good hip-hop show at the Independent.

I'm beginning to suspect that I just may be a bad influence on people.

K told me that when she told our mutual friend we’d gone out Friday night, he asked her, “Did you get laid?!”

Bewildered, she replied, “why in the world would you think I’d gotten laid?!”

“Well, you did go out with Miss Curious.”

Hmm. Not sure if I should take it as a compliment… but I will. There’s nothing bad about a good lay.

And so, on Saturday, I proved our friend right… K hadn’t smoked weed in ages, and she decided to that night… and then at the show we met some guys, and she made-out - not laid, but making out's good enough. (I’d also like to note that Green Eyes hadn’t smoked in ages until last month… both people asked me if they could take a hit.)

I like to think that I’m not a bad influence… I’m more open… open for people to do and be who they want to be… Both K and Green Eyes (shit GE if I should delete this, let me know!) had experience in the past w/ bud that left them feeling paranoid and uncomfortable… I like to think that I made a place for them where they could feel comfortable… where they could feel happy... as for wild times on the town - what can I say, I’m friendly… I meet people out often enough… I like to chat… hang out… have good times. Good times were had on Friday and Saturday.

2 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"bad influence" is a cop out on the part of whoever says it or thinks.
We all do what we want to do when we want to do it, unless we have a gun to our head, and even then... remember Patty Hearst?
Don't look for ways to be down on yourself.
You are fun and people enjoy being around you... what the fuck is wrong with that?
NOT A DAMN THING

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger chicajato said...

fun times! when are you taking me to a hippity hop show? it was nice seeing you for like a sec on sun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home