Thursday, August 03, 2006

FRANKIE SAY RELAX

The "No Issues" philosophy adopted by me, Chicajato, and Green Eyes over the weekend is going pretty well... what is the No Issues?!? It is what the title implies... we always hold onto our pasts... binding ourselves by them... getting called a "dog" in junior high or having our hearts wripped in two by some trivial boy, these things, yes these things, give us "Issues"... and fuck "Issues"... and oh, of course, "Issues" with friends... I had a conversation with someone a little while back... we discussed how all we want to do w/ our friends is go to the movies, grab a drink, hang out... or with a significant other - have some sex, tell each other about our days, and hold fucking hands... at what point does everything get so fucking complicated?!?!?

So why then - why don't we just forge ahead!??! Just say, the past is the past, let's just all hang out... let shit roll off our backs... people are people... we make mistakes, but why put up all these walls or get pissed if someone bails on the movies... let's just try our hardest to be Issue Free... just breathe. People are always going to be assholes... that's not our problem - it's theirs... there are more important things in the world than having a guy call you back 3 days later instead of 2.

FRANKIE SAY RELAX

THIS COMING WEEKEND, OH SHIT:

This weekend is my 10 Year High School Reunion. Oh shit. Tonight I'm flying down south (so no blog updates until Tuesday). I'm gonna' kick it w/ the folks and catch up w/ old H.S. friends... I'm curious as to whether or not my HIGH SCHOOL OBSESSION will be there... I spent 3 full years pining for the guy... we were sorta' friends... my stepdad and his dad played trumpet together in high school and are both doctors at the same hospital... they oddly ended up in the same small town, being doctors and having kids the same age in the same class... Naturally, I thought he and I were meant to be!?!?! hahahahaha!

I heard a rumor that he might be married... why her and not me? In retrospect though, knowing who I am now, would he even be close to what I want?

Well, this weekend will certainly be interesting. I hope he's there... even if he's married... just so I can take a quick look... see if he makes my heart pitter-patter to this day.

As for now, FRANKIE SAY RELAX (please note, it's not say's'... it's just say... please refer to 80's pic of the Frankie Say Relax T-Shirt)

2 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger jen said...

SO excited and curious to hear all about your reunion!

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I please zap your new No Issues philosophy to a friend who is flipping out right now about a guy she dated 2 years ago?!?! Time to let it go! I think you should start a revolution!
~LTF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home