Friday, July 21, 2006

Let's Put This To Rest...

Okay his reply was a fucking novel just like all of his emails - and it will make you cringe... I'm posting the worst parts, so everyone can feel better themselves, and I wasn't even going to post until KriKri said, "post post"... because I've realized that it took me like a day (yesterday) to be like whatever, and now I really don't feel like getting into this... but...

His Email:

anyway, i am sorry for being an ass and not writing/calling all week.but it really had a lot more to do with me being stressed and pissed and inconsiderate than an intentional "diss" of anyone. well ok, i must admit that i left your house last friday morning with a disquieting sense of impending unpleasantness (who says that?!?!). i was rather uncomfortable with the way we left things--with you being all clingy and saying that you couldn't wait a week to see me again, implying that i should not go out on monday because you were going out on tues, wed and needed to see me before then. (are you fucking kidding me!?! god forbid i should want to see you sooner than a week away... and c'mon now, i'm the one who couldn't hang out all weekend and couldn't hang out tues and wed... the only day you were busy was monday, i guess that's "clingy" and no way, i would never let a person miss a show he really wanted to see just to hang out... and we were totally joking around in bed when we discussed the following week's plan... he's just a freak-out)

ok, what the hell is my point. go back and read your last 2 lettersto me... look at how downright pleasant, friendly, civil they are.no, there is no way i could justify just cutting off communication with you, since you are clearly not some kind of psycho who cannot handle reality. (what? who says, "downright pleasant"?!?!? and you were looking to "justify" cutting off communication?)

then i realized last week that you might be getting the wrong impression of the amount of free time & energy that i have.i spent a few days thinking about how to explain to you that i cannot be someone that you can always count on seeing every 3 or 4 days and never being gone for a weekend. (yeah, seeing him every 3-4 days is a lot to ask?!?, and i haven't even asked for one weekend because i've been busy for each of them... and yes wrong impression... introducing me to your sister and friends and meeting a bunch of my friends and asking me to shows, coming to my house w/ your little overnight bag, calling me on a monday night and coming to pick me up on your motorcycle, so i don't have to cab or bus it... whatever!!!)

(then he goes into like 2 paragraphs about every detail at his job - he's very much a detail guy... all of his emails have the ingredients he bought at the store and how he cooked his dinner and how long his report was... and on and on... this email was in line w/ those, but i'm sparing you! and okay, i did think it was cute before)

ahhhh... now i'm rambling because i have a few minutes so i am venting all this bullshit. but i guess what i am trying to say is that i have not come to any realization that i can't stand Miss Curious anymore... (what a way to phrase it... can't stand?!!)

let's find some happy medium where i can dissappear into my own little world at times without freaking you out. (happy for who? so i'm just on your time - your whim... i don't think so!)

My Email:

i must admit it stings a bit hearing you say that you've been trying to figure out how you were going to break things to me...

this clearly boils down to us wanting different things - and/or with just someone else (as i know and KriKri knows, it really is just w/ someone else... i just didn't do it for him... if i had, he would've made the time)... i certainly don't have time to see someone everyday, but i would like to see him a couple times a week (and i myself will be gone 2 weekends in august alone)... and when i posted on craigslist i didn't know exactly what i wanted or what to expect, now it's a little more clear... i do know that this is not what i want...

...i want something that could potentially develop into more than an "i'll see you when i see you"... i could easily just say 'yeah okay whatever works for you' and then have this secret hope in the back of my mind that you'd actually want to see me more and then you'd totally fall for me or something, but i don't have the energy to figure that out... if you don't feeling like giving it a couple days a week, then there's not much i can do about that. there's just something about me that hasn't clicked for you - hasn't made you want to put the effort in - and oh a slight blow to the ego but... it is what it is...

...thanks for writing that email... and if i bump into you at some show somewhere, i'll give you a gigantic hug and offer you some good medicinal herb.

And that's the end of the story. In the past year, I've let 2 people go and 2 people have let me go... oh the fuck well... Let's move on folks.

7 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

Omg, you weren't kidding - total cringe festival. The phrase, "with you being all clingy" is probably the single phrase I always dreaded having to hear (or read) from a guy, and if I were you I'd probably be crying right now, or drunk (both). But I'm super insecure about that, it's like my one thing. (Actually, "you're too fat" would be the only worse thing I could think of.) Anyways, I'll stop **empathizing** with this **unconventional** breakup method and tell you what I really think. This guy doesn't deserve you, not even a tiny bit. First of all, you TOTALLY have your own life and could not possibly be clingy because you are too busy and awesome. You have a bunch of friends, you're always out seeing shows and having adventures, and for him to think you too demanding of his time and not letting him go away for a weekend? Please buddy, don't flatter yourself.
Clearly this guy has committment issues. He says you're pleasant, but for whatever reason he is freaking out and feeling trapped. Fuck that, I say. He can trap himself into a lifetime of singledom for all I care, MissC is movin on!!!!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Krikri said...

Oh and also, do NOT give him a hug if you see him, and by NO means shoudl you give him any weed!

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am de-lurking to say that I think your response email is perfectly toned - you lay down the law but are also gracious about it. And while I agree with Krikri that you should not give him a hug if you see him out, I think it was very classy that you ended it that way!

I really enjoy reading your blog for all your honesty. :)

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

aw... you guys are too cute... and shiiiiiiiit - you know i'm gonna' be stirrin' it up soon enough!! we all just have to laugh at ourselves and say "what the fuck?!?!" not to be too cheesey, but seriously ONE life as far as i'm concerned, i might as well squeeze every bit out of it... fuck shit up - clean up - be nice - and see the world!!!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

Yeah MissC - you rock. I had a totally similar situation with Moose - he started out being all cute and psyched and trying to make all these plans with me and then as soon as I asked to make plans with him, he got all weird and said it was too much. I hate that. But, thanks for taking us along for this bizarre ride! Can't wait to see what the next one will be like.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger jen said...

I agree completely, 100%, with KriKri. Especially about not giving him any weed.

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a loser he is. And what an even bigger loser for his email banter and big words.

Honestly Miss Curious, I think you give it up too soon. Try not to do that next time. Just little kisses :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home