Monday, July 24, 2006

Alcoholism Is A Good Thing

The dating game is commensurate with drinking alcoholic beverages.

One night you decide you’re going to have just a few drinks. You ease yourself into a nice buzz. The next morning, you feel a little dehydrated, but it’s nothing a tall glass of water can’t cure.

One night you decide you’re going to have some serious fun. You find yourself on the border of inebriation. It’s feeling fucking good. You don’t want that feeling to go away, so you keep drinking and start getting wasted. Your emotions are all over the board. You do crazy shit. And the next morning, holy fuck, what a fucking hangover. It fucking hurts. You can barely get out of bed. The more you drink - the higher the high, the longer the recovery. You tell yourself you’re never going to drink that much again. You can’t even imagine drinking for a very long time. The very thought of it makes you gag. And maybe, you got wasted off of Screwdrivers, and you’re never going to drink them again. (speaking from experience)

Even though we get these hangovers, we can’t resist drinking again… the buzz – the inebriation is just too fucking good to desist.

And some of us… ahem, that’d be me… don’t really know what it’s like to be tipsy. There’s no real in between… it’s more of a – I’m either sober or I’m drunk. And why oh why, despite me telling myself not to drink so much the next time, I end up drinking just as much… and the hangovers are pretty fucking shitty. Not to excuse myself for overindulgence, but I genuinely believe such behavior, such intensity in individuals, is inherent.

Basically, Alcoholism equates A Beautiful Relationship.

-- Shout Out to LaSassy for the Idea --
-- And I do Hope That All the Metaphors Were Realized --

WEIRD:

Friday I received a MySpace message from Bad-Break Up… long after (almost 2 months) I sent him the, “no need to email me back, but sorry” email… he laid into me about me not having changed… which is probably true, but you don’t need to remind me, hahaha! Why Did I Open this Door In the First Place? He gave me a swift kick in the ass. The plan is for us to speak on the phone this evening. A lot of implications – it’s probably not the best idea, but we were friends for so long… I want to know where he’s working and living and blah blah blah… no rehashing!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger MissCurious said...

Green Eyes - i actually wanted to address the fact that we all have our hangover remedies... soooo, to alleviate the intensity of my relationship hangovers or dating hangovers, I Miss Curious am so fucking weird that i think about people in other countries where their only water comes from muddy puddles - that makes getting over some guy pretty fucking small!!! :)
it's thoughts like that, which drive me insane because i'm like, "how the fuck can i ever complain - especially about some silly boy!?!?!"

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger kellyd said...

Have you ever read: "Drinking: A Love Story" by Caroline Knapp (I think) ... great book, basicallly takes your theory about alcoholism to the next level. Fascinating first chapter about "who" you're in love with (ie beer, red wine - that's me - vodka, etc.) Warning: somewhat depressing, yet totally useful and insightful, especially if you come from a family of alcoholics. I seriously don't go a day without thinking of it.

Water from muddy puddles? Yeah, been there, done that and guess what - you STILL obsess over ridiculous shit and feel like the most petty fucking ridiculous person on earth. So, don't feel bad. Even in the villages of Zambia (the country with the lowest life expectancy on earth - 32) they sit at the water well and discuss village issues of who is sleeping with who, etc. It comes down to this - three things make the world go 'round: God, Money and Sex. I invite you to think of another.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home